Author Topic: Training  (Read 7431 times)

Timothy

Training
« on: November 05, 2019, 09:25:32 PM »
Going on three days of NICS, 4473, 3310 forms and various other stuff for firearms transfer training!  Probably a few more days of hands on before I am certified.

So far, not much I was not aware of...

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
Re: Training
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 10:15:09 AM »
That's great.  You can be our resident expert now!!!

;D
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 03:06:19 PM »
Not that it's a good thing but our local stores don't do FFL to FFL transfers and we can't sell any AR, AK or any of their cloned platforms! 

I have no experience in either platform but if they ever get our crazed AG out of office or elect a reasonably conservative governor, that could change and I'll  need a crash course on those platforms...

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 03:16:15 PM »
do you mean that there are other rifles than an AR or AK?  even the hunting rifles down here are AK platform... .300bkl or .308

Timothy

Training
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 03:47:12 PM »
Les, our AG outlawed AR and AK type sporting rifles when she reinterpreted the 94 weapons ban right after she was elected.  You were probably still living up here (NH) when she did it...

Only non military looking rifles can be sold here due to her over reach.  No help from the legislature or SJC of MA.

GOAL is still pushing it thru the courts.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:19:05 AM »

Timothy

Training
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 05:56:15 PM »
Sold my first two firearms today!

[emoji106]

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019, 06:58:19 PM »
Great.  I worked at an ffl in college.  Was a very fun job.  Hard not to sign thr check and hand it back
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Timothy

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2019, 09:25:14 PM »
Add a slug gun to the list!

Timothy

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 04:03:14 PM »
All good thus far!  Working with mostly experienced Vets, LEO, DHS one Customs/DEA guy!  It appears with the exception of one or two I am the youngest at 62.

A few extra steps here because of state laws being what they are. 

Cannot sell firearms to out of state residents but can sell modern muzzleloader to anyone over 18!  The kicker is unless you have a Firearms ID, ya cannot buy anything to load them with!

Had to give myself a crash course in scopes, reticles and how to mount and adjust them!  Just quick stuff!  We cannot properly lap and fine tune...

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2019, 04:22:25 PM »
Sounds like you have a job you enjoy doing. 

There might be days you don't want to go to work, but it won't be because of the work you do.

That is a blessing.

Take care and enjoy.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk