Author Topic: Muzzle Brake for AR-15  (Read 15337 times)

Paraguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Muzzle Brake for AR-15
« on: April 26, 2010, 05:16:56 PM »
In my quest to add as much on to my AR-15 as possible,I decided to add a Muzzle Brake to my Bushmaster .223 to increase the number of shots I can rattle off in X seconds.  And oh yeah, it does look kinda' cool.  Anyone have experience with these and can provide some tips as to what to expect?  Am I going to feel like it is a completely different rifle or is it just going to perform slightly better and just look different in the process?
And Michael, I am seriously working on a way to hang a coffee maker off the rail using the Keurig coffee technology using barrel heat for the H2O with a cup holder also hanging off the rail with the 12 other gizmos on there, you know, just in case....

Y COMP Muzzle Brake for Threaded Muzzle Barrels
These 5.56mm/.223 compensators are threaded to fit "Pre-Ban" AR barrels. The Y Comp overall length is 3 1/4" - the Mini Y Comp is 2 5/16" overall length. Order either a Crush Washer or Peel Washer for installation. These brakes are for barrels with muzzles threaded 1/2" x 28 T.p.I. (threads per inch).

Options: Y Comp Brake or Mini Y   
     Price: $48.95
Part No: YHM-258
Quantity:   
Options 

Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Muzzle Brake for AR-15
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 07:46:01 PM »
Someone please post the now DRTV famous uber accessorized AR, (yes with key chain and compass,...)... ::)

Anyone have experience with these and can provide some tips as to what to expect?  Am I going to feel like it is a completely different rifle or is it just going to perform slightly better and just look different in the process?

Uh, it will still be a Bushmaster, feel the same, perform the same, and should actually be more stable with all that extra weight. ;D

Don't forget, the Swiss Army knife Picatinny Rail sheath, and the cup holder is a great idea....  ::)

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Paraguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 07:54:15 PM »
Like your idea for a new topic.
My name is Paraguy, and I can't stop hanging stuff off my rifle <applause>

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 09:31:27 PM »
Para Guy, I love the Miculek, muzzle break, low price, and it works. Under 40 bucks retail. Very easy to install...
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

USSA-1

• Top Forum Member
    • US Shooting Academy
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 08:39:41 AM »
Well, I gotta throw a plug in there for my own design.  I think it's the best on the market, but I'm a bit biased.  ;D

Here is some video of the Titan Compensator in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8Z2k6dFQh0

USSA-1
"Occupo Mens"
Win the Fight

Watch The Tactical Rifle Channel

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:11:45 AM »

ratcatcher55

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 09:24:24 AM »
Well, I gotta through a plug in there for my own design.  I think it's the best on the market, but I'm a bit biased.  ;D

Here is some video of the Titan Compensator in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8Z2k6dFQh0

USSA-1

I'm not going to be bleeding from the eyes and ears from your compensator if I have to SO a stage for you am I?  ;D
Some types are down right unpleasant to be around.

USSA-1

• Top Forum Member
    • US Shooting Academy
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 10:10:04 AM »
Depends upon where you stand!  ;D

If you get in behind the shooter, then you'll be fine.  Otherwise it can get pretty loud, but that's how you can tell a good compensator design.  They turn recoil into noise!

USSA-1
"Occupo Mens"
Win the Fight

Watch The Tactical Rifle Channel

Paraguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 02:04:26 PM »
All great info, thank you!  Should have asked earlier before ordering or would have gone with the experts recommendation.  I will post a report on how the one I bought works out.  It was $49 and was from the bushmaster.com website.
As for noise, they use shotguns where I go so a louder than normal AR-15 shouldn't tick off too many folks. 

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 05:40:47 PM »
OK, I'm getting one for my Sig 556.  8)

Thank you Eric.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVZVcO9zhJI&feature=related

Yes Please!!!! I'll take two.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1089
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 06:06:27 PM »
I wish they still made one that I have called the DTA mil-brake by Fabian Bros. Don't ask who that is. I don't know. It's a flash hider on the front part and a compensator with an expansion chamber on the rest. It allows mounting a bayonet and makes no visible flash from a 16" barrel.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk