Author Topic: Interesting plinker. video  (Read 11632 times)

CurrieS103

• NRA Life Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Interesting plinker. video
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008, 09:41:24 PM »
I'm pretty sure you could take out a tank with it!
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

Ron J

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 10:44:34 PM »
Reminds me of an Uncle Harold story:

My uncle Dick (hold the jokes please) related a funny story were he was using Uncle Harold's 20 gauge reloads to take care of some squirrels that were menacing his garden.  They were a bit hot.  Uncle Dick said he liked the way he could kill and cook the squirrels with one shot, but he just didn't like getting back up and finding the shotgun. :-X

When you can cook off the end of a shotgun barrel, that's some hot loads! 
As well, I think some of us know a Dick that got whacked by a hot load.   :o

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2008, 08:21:01 AM »
Next time dump trucks come in season,,........

750 Grain Barnes Solid Projectile Bullet
2,460 Feet per Second
10,180 Foot Pounds of Energy :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Neon Knight Anubis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2008, 08:44:39 AM »
Now THATS a mouse gun.  ;D

Seriously my shoulder hurts just watching it.
We'll know for the first time
If we're evil or divine
We're the last in line

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2008, 11:53:56 AM »
Thanks for sharing these!! 

Good thing that no one tried to shoot those rifles in a prone position.  That would leave a big boo-boo. 

I love big bore weapons.  Yes, I know what the shrinks told me about that BUT they are just so cool.  After seeing these videos, compared to what these guys have ... I need a bigger rifle!  Always wanted a double rifle in something like 416 Rigby or maybe in a youngster like the 416 Remington. 

Before I was institutionalized (married) I use to shoot ground squirrels and bunny rabbits with my Sako in 375HH Magnum.  Thought was that if I can hit a little critter with that rifle I would be OK in Africa.  What I found is that when using 300gr solids, you can punch a clean hole through bunnies and the ground squirrels just sort of disappear in a mist of red when they get hit with a SilverTip.

.416 Rigby Double ? Self abuse ! But VERY nice self abuse  ;D There is a reason those old african safari rifles are classic, Beuty and craftsmanship.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 01:42:43 AM »

Ron J

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2008, 01:37:30 PM »
.416 Rigby Double ? Self abuse ! But VERY nice self abuse  ;D There is a reason those old african safari rifles are classic, Beuty and craftsmanship.

I remember back in the late 70's early '80's when a store in Scottsdale was selling in the Shotgun News Heym Double rifles NIB for $1600.  I opted for my Sako.  Glad I have the Sako BUT there is something just plain sexy about double rifles (and single shot rifles too). 

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 10:03:42 PM »
The classic beauty of those double rifle's will be timeless. "Size does matter" It not a double barrel shotgun, but withe the size of the bore, it sure looks like on.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

tombogan03884

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2008, 09:45:16 AM »
The classic beauty of those double rifle's will be timeless. "Size does matter" It not a double barrel shotgun, but withe the size of the bore, it sure looks like on.

NICE

gunman1911

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger Emeritus
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2008, 08:34:00 PM »
HOLY YIKERS BATMAN!!  I have been tossed across the room and I love recoil but I have never been tossed across the room by recoil. That was great thanks Tom!
Back up guns---Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2008, 09:16:35 PM »
flinch training at its finest
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk