Author Topic: Almost funny enough to be a joke.  (Read 200 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1110
Almost funny enough to be a joke.
« on: February 12, 2024, 11:31:05 PM »
I got a letter today from the dealer I bought my Yukon from. They say I can finance a 2024 Yukon Denali as low as $1,687 a month for 60 months with down payment. The down payment being my current Yukon Denali in undamaged and unrepaired condition. Uh, nope. Too late for that to happen. I have enough money in my checking account to make one payment and still have $90 and change left. I'm not just poor, I'm po'. I can't even afford the last 2 letters. ;)  According to the fine print on the back of the letter, a 2024 GMC Yukon 4WD V8 Denali has a selling price of $81,800, which is over 3 1/3 times what my house is currently worth. I couldn't remember if my house was built in 1923 or 1927. I thought it was 1927, but it was '23, so my house is 101 years old now. If I knew that, I would have bought a cake to celebrate last year. The good thing about having a cheap house is I didn't have any trouble paying my Winter Property Tax of $66.61. This is County Tax and the much higher Summer Tax is City Property Tax.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
Re: Almost funny enough to be a joke.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 08:06:18 AM »
Aw c'mon Frank.  C'mon man...you know the economy is great.  Everybody is flush with cash.  No problem...you are doing great...buy that thing.  Your President says that it's just a bad attitude you picked up from conservative news sites.  Being poor is not real...you're just jaded....just step right out there and get you a new Denali...cheap....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 08:14:25 AM »
And in the end, it’s still just a Chevy!

Just kidding Frank, just kidding…

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 12:33:50 PM »
It's a Cadillac in a different wrapper.  ;)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2024, 12:37:52 PM »
I was thinking about my tax bill earlier today, and thought of this.

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the tax: for it is the number of a man; and it's number is sixty-six point sixty-one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxnN05vOuSM

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:28:16 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk