Author Topic: I didn't need another gun, but.....  (Read 4909 times)

dgray64

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I didn't need another gun, but.....
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 10:01:53 PM »
Well, I've got about 500 rounds through it so far with only one failure to feed and that was my fault.  I have been shooting mostly reloads with a few new ones thrown in.  I think that I didn't crimp one right and it hooked on the ramp.  It's pretty hard to get it to not load as the barrel doesn't tilt and the rounds load nearly horizontally.  The only thing I've found wrong yet, and it's not wrong is that this is a model P for Plus.  It seems that Academy made a deal with Taurus to make a bunch of special guns for them that are high capacity.  This sucker holds 17 rounds in .40.  The problem is that it doesn't fit retention holsters made for Taurus 92/99 pistols or Beretta 92/96 models.  I'm still looking.  It sure shoots well!!

Dave                           ;D :D

tommy tornado

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 10:09:01 PM »
I also bought one of those because it was cheap and there.  So far I have only shot about 200 rounds through mine.  I had one failure to feed on the 2nd Mags first time in the gun.  The 2nd round didn't strip off the mag.  My only complaint is the stiff Mag springs on both my magazines.  I figure they will break in.

sigman69

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 08:00:21 AM »
good price...glad you like it.

kygunnut

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 04:58:30 PM »
Pretty hard to beat a Beretta clone for $300.00 new! Let us know how it runs.  Bill T.

Close to a clone but they have, in my opinion corrected a design “issue” with the Beretta 92’s. I am used to a 1911 so I like the safety to work like a 1911. Up is safe, down to fire. The Beretta with its slide mounted safety works just the opposite. The Taurus has moved the safety to the frame where it belongs so it works like a 1911. Up is safe, down is fire. It also makes the safety easier to reach. Just my 2 cents worth.
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Paraguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 05:21:54 PM »
Great find!  Thank you for the details about it, I didn't know I needed one until I read about your experience with it.  Now, not having one would be like saying the terrorsits have won!
Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 12:58:13 PM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 07:30:52 PM »
Love the avatar Burt. "God hates fags"? Personally I doubt it, but even if he does, he sure hates someone who desacrates a soldier's funeral more. I might just borrow that one from you.
FQ13 who says well done!

tommy tornado

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 09:30:01 AM »
I have also found that Mec-Gar Mags don't work in my PT-101.  So if you need to buy extra mags, then you will probably need to buy factory mags.  The two Mec-Gars I bought don't stay in the gun.  They fall free after a round or two.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk