Author Topic: Senate committee sets FIREARM regulatory hearing  (Read 11132 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Senate committee sets FIREARM regulatory hearing
« on: September 08, 2010, 04:00:15 PM »
“Firearms in Commerce: Assessing the Need for Reform in the Federal Regulatory Process”
Senate Judiciary Committee
Full Committee
View a webcast of this hearing
DATE: September 14, 2010
TIME: 10:00 AM
ROOM: Dirksen-226
OFFICIAL HEARING NOTICE / WITNESS LIST:

September 7, 2010

NOTICE OF COMMITTEE HEARING
The Senate Committee on the Judiciary has scheduled a hearing entitled "Firearms in Commerce: Assessing the Need for Reform in the Federal Regulatory Process" for Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. in Room 226 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building.

http://judiciary.senate.gov/hearings/hearing.cfm?id=4771
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Senate committee sets FIREARM regulatory hearing
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 04:14:39 PM »
Thats all I found as well. Anyone have details? Frankly I am amazed they are doing this in September. :o Even if this a totally innocous thing, the GOP will ride this in every red and purple district. The NRA will flog it like a rented mule. "Deserate democrats plan last ditch gun grab before they're beaten! Contribute immediately to candidate X!". This is a freaking gift to the GOP.
FQ13 who has no idea what they're thinking as any anti gun bill they vote out of committee will never see a Senate vote.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 06:45:13 PM »
Gee, just whose on the Senate Judiciary Committee???? It reads like an ANTI GUN/RINO MEGA-LIST

http://judiciary.senate.gov/about/members.cfm

Patrick J. Leahy  God help us
Chairman, D-Vermont

Herb Kohl
D-Wisconsin

Jeff Sessions
Ranking Member, R-Alabama

Dianne Feinstein
    Nothing more to post here.
D-California

Orrin G. Hatch
  RINO
R-Utah
Biography

Russ Feingold   Puppet boy, who at least ran away from BHO recently
D-Wisconsin

Chuck Grassley
R-Iowa

Arlen Specter
    Are you kidding me?
D-Pennsylvania

Jon Kyl
R-Arizona

Chuck Schumer  Never met an anti gun law he didn't like.
D-New York

Lindsey Graham
    RINO
R-South Carolina

Dick Durbin    Enough said.
D-Illinois

John Cornyn
R-Texas

Benjamin L. Cardin
    Md. is bad for gun owners
D-Maryland

Tom Coburn
R-Oklahoma

Sheldon Whitehouse
Yankee from RI? Please....
D-Rhode Island

Amy Klobuchar
D-Minnesota

Ted Kaufman
  Another Yankee anti gunner
D-Delaware

Al Franken
   aka Stewart Smalley, dog gone it...
D-Minnesota

Oh this will be a fair and impartial hearing,,,,to what pass a new tax on guns and/or ammo?

Better hurry, November is coming....

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 08:51:06 PM »
The good news is DF is in basicly a dead heat  this election cycle, With any luck...

not that I care for the other women, but I like her more then DF.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

brosometal

• Top Forum Member
  • Still a Grade A 1 smart donkey! DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 11:45:11 PM »
Reform in the regulatory process.  In my mind that means AOWing suppressors and more full autos available. I know I need a suppressed Kriss
The person who has nothing for which his is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- J.S. Mill

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:50:51 AM »

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 04:04:22 AM »
The good news is DF is in basicly a dead heat  this election cycle, With any luck...

not that I care for the other women, but I like her more then DF.

Boxer is the one up for reelection.

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 09:06:05 AM »
Boxer is the one up for reelection.

Call her SENATOR, it's just a thing, she worked so hard for that TITLE?!?!?!?!? >:( >:( >:( >:(
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 12:39:28 PM »
Reads more like a "McCarthy" committee.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 12:56:36 PM »
Reads more like a "McCarthy" committee.
Reads like a "Gingrich/Rove" commitee. What do the DIMs think they are going to do other than further mobilize the GOP base? Are any Democrats (other than the usual suspects) even talking about gun control? Is there a single Dem constituency thats riled up about guns and wants action? No, and hell no. They want to focus on the war, the economy, jobs and the environment. Guns aren't going to make the average Dems' top 20 list. For the GOP? They are in the top ten if not the top 5 for a lot of Republican voters. What are these people thinking? ???
FQ13 who once again wonders how the Dems manage to score three touchdowns on themselves before the opposing team has made a first down. ???

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 02:41:48 PM »
Reads like a "Gingrich/Rove" commitee. What do the DIMs think they are going to do other than further mobilize the GOP base? Are any Democrats (other than the usual suspects) even talking about gun control? Is there a single Dem constituency thats riled up about guns and wants action? No, and hell no. They want to focus on the war, the economy, jobs and the environment. Guns aren't going to make the average Dems' top 20 list. For the GOP? They are in the top ten if not the top 5 for a lot of Republican voters. What are these people thinking? ???
FQ13 who once again wonders how the Dems manage to score three touchdowns on themselves before the opposing team has made a first down. ???

They know nothing they decide here will have any have any effect before the elections  EXCEPT...

If they announce that in light of the recent SCOTUS rulings, the feel the Federal Firearms restrictions need to be reduced.   Might be a way to garner some votes for those in jeopardy.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk