Author Topic: Any update on how long it takes a suppressor to come in?  (Read 5366 times)

DeltaM

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Any update on how long it takes a suppressor to come in?
« on: January 25, 2013, 03:03:55 PM »
I've had two on order now since the first of Nov. 2012.  Still not here and then have to send and get the tax stamp with SNs when they do come in.

At this rate, I'll be dead before I'm able to shoot with them.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: Any update on how long it takes a suppressor to come in?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 03:36:09 PM »
Odd.

Most folks I know who have them said their dealer helped fill out and sent in the ATF paperwork when they ordered the suppressor..... so that they could pick it up as soon as the stamped papers came back.

I guess each is different.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

DeltaM

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 07:05:04 PM »
Odd.

Most folks I know who have them said their dealer helped fill out and sent in the ATF paperwork when they ordered the suppressor..... so that they could pick it up as soon as the stamped papers came back.

I guess each is different.

Thanks, maybe I need to check and see what is going on.  My dealer has copies of my trust account.  I'll have to check but I thought the dealer had to have them in hand to send off with the paper work to get the tax stamp.

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 07:28:06 PM »
Rastus, and some of the others will weigh in this weekend but as I understand it it takes about 6 months for the first one .
Further Class III transactions can be faster because you're already in the system.
Some of these links might help .

http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=18548.0

http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=18684.0

mrmatt2you

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 03:59:41 PM »
I just got one and it took 7 months.  But I know the dealer I went thru said 6 month is very unusual and some have lasted a year.   He said it can be hit or miss on how long they take. 

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:25:29 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk