Author Topic: Make rimfire suppressors NonNFA items  (Read 9692 times)

ccd

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Make rimfire suppressors NonNFA items
« on: March 11, 2015, 03:03:08 PM »
   I know this isnt an original thought, but I think it is time for the gun communitiy to ask for our GOP congresscritters to take a proactive step for us gunowners, instead of reacting to the buffoons @ BATFE. I think the most logical and winnable step would be to make rimfire suppressors NonNFA  by making them equivalent to regular firearms themselves. Just needing a 4473 to purchase. The long term goal would be to make all suppressors NonNFA. In the short term rimfire suppresors should be fairly easy to pass and promote to the general public at large as to their benefits.

tombogan03884

Re: Make rimfire suppressors NonNFA items
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 03:22:37 PM »
All suppressors.
Use the reasoning that mufflers are a safety device while muzzle breaks, which are completely unregulated make guns MORE dangerous to peoples hearing.
After all, doesn't EVERYONE support "commonsense gun safety" ? 

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 03:48:05 PM »
So how does one distinguish a suppressor made for 1/2-28 threaded .22 barrel from one made for a 1/2-28 .223 barrel?

It could be a step in the right direction, but devils in the details.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 04:18:49 PM »
You put a sign on it that says   "Rimfire Only"

No Gun signs work, why not these?
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 04:26:11 PM »
You put a sign on it that says   "Rimfire Only"

No Gun signs work, why not these?

You mean like these muzzle brakes?   

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:58:24 AM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 06:02:46 PM »
that will never work, Alf,  no  slashed red circle. 

You act like you don't know anything about human behavior.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 877
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 11:06:00 PM »
I'm with Tom:  Don't make it more difficult than needed - Remove restrict on all silencers/suppressors.  Next step is "short barreled" rifles.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

brushmore

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 09:56:14 AM »
I'm all for remove any all restrictions on suppressors.  Unfortunately, the way things are shaping up we are going to have to play some major defense with our gun rights over the next two years.  We absolutely should be on the offense right now but I don't think that's going to happen.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 02:35:09 PM »
If we had a pro-gun president, congress, attorney general, and supreme court all at the same time we would be all set but we're lucky when we get two of those at a time. I would love to own a suppressor, SBR, etc. without restrictions but it will probably never happen. All we can do is keep trying and hoping for the best.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 02:54:28 PM »
Some places you need to add Gov, Legislature and State AG to the list.
Generally speaking, the only FEDERAL regulation on suppressors is the tax stamp, all the rest are STATE laws.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk