Author Topic: Made a small purchase today  (Read 3246 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Made a small purchase today
« on: August 03, 2010, 01:12:34 PM »
Like I said in another thread, I had a little money to burn through and was looking for a cheap plinker or project gun. Today I picked up a little Sterling stainless steel pocket pistol in .22 LR for $100. It is about 3 1/4 x 4 3/4 inches and weighs in at 14 oz on my postal scale. It looks to be in near perfect functional condition with only a few handling marks. Probably wasnt shot much and carried only slightly more often. I figure that if it runs even half way decent it will be a fun plinker, and if it is crap I can still order parts for it and have fun doing some "gunsmithing". Either way, since its a .22 it wont cost me anything in ammo $$$ to run/test it. So it should be fun.

NO, THIS WILL NOT BE A CARRY GUN!

There may be some more purchasing to come, so stay tuned.

Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

GUNS-R-US

• Top Forum Member
  • We must protect & defend our freedoms!
  • Liked:
Re: Made a small purchase today
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 01:49:28 PM »
Cool Eric have fun and let us know how it shoots! ;D
Mike Kramer
NRA "Benefactor" Life Member 
2AF Life Member

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 06:19:10 PM »
It's about "" close to being in the ugly gun thread.... ;)

Like deepwaters Tok, hopefully it shoots better than it looks. 8)
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 08:09:21 PM »
Good luck Eric, my experiences with Sterling have not been Sterling, but they were mostly .25's, with 14lb triggers.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 08:34:48 PM »
Silver plastic ... what will Glock think of next  ;D
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:13:01 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 01:11:55 AM »
Cool.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 01:40:46 AM »
Wow, last time I saw anything about Sterling, was a magazine article about replacing the  mag release after it broke.

http://www.shootingtimes.com/gunsmithing/ST_pistolrepairer_200902/index.html

FTA
Small handguns like this are neither target guns nor recreational plinkers. They basically have one and only one function: personal protection. As this was the owner's primary use--questionable effectiveness of the .22 rimfire aside--the gun needed to be returned to the owner quickly, and there simply was no time to order a part.

Hate to tell you Eric, but you paid about double what it sold for new, and about 4 times what it is worth    ::)

Hope you enjoy it.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 11:40:15 AM »
It's about "" close to being in the ugly gun thread.... ;)

Like deepwaters Tok, hopefully it shoots better than it looks. 8)

It actually doesnt look as bad in person, but it aint gonna ever win any beauty contests. The grips are the worst part..... If they werent so shiny and ugly it would look a lot better.

Hate to tell you Eric, but you paid about double what it sold for new, and about 4 times what it is worth    ::)

Hope you enjoy it.

Like I said, if it shoots then I'll have some fun plinking with it..... and if it doesnt I'll have some fun tinkering with it. Worst case, I'm sure I could always get back what I paid for it at a gun buy back ;D

Silver plastic ... what will Glock think of next  ;D

Winner!
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk