Author Topic: An Illinois massacre  (Read 3153 times)

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: An Illinois massacre
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 02:29:30 AM »
Wow! 17 years is a long time. The 16 year old that was drunk driving a car that killed his passenger (my daughter's best friend) was sentenced to 15 to life yesterday. It had only been a year and a month. 13 hours before the accident, the boy had been before another judge for driving without a license.

Clark Kent

• Very Active Forum Member
    • GUN FRIENDLY
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 06:44:38 AM »
Wow! 17 years is a long time. The 16 year old that was drunk driving a car that killed his passenger (my daughter's best friend) was sentenced to 15 to life yesterday. It had only been a year and a month. 13 hours before the accident, the boy had been before another judge for driving without a license.

Fifteen to life beats Virginia's attitude toward vehicular manslaughter.  I believe the max is 10 years, but Virginia did away with discretionary parole about 20 years ago.  Parole comes now only if you've served almost all of your time.  The usual sentence here, tho for vehicular manslaughter is two to three.
Check out: GUN FRIENDLY

Clark Kent

• Very Active Forum Member
    • GUN FRIENDLY
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 06:01:19 AM »
Sentencing hearing for convicted killer of seven in 1993 massacre at Brown's Chicken restaurant in Palatine, Ill., has gone into the judge's chambers - out of hearing of the jury.  I'd be worried if Blagojevich were still in power, but I'm still a tad concerned.

Ya think the judge is afraid there'd be too much excitement in the courtroom over Barry's Nobel? 

Where's Denny Crane when we need him?    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-browns-chicken-09-oct09,0,579505.story
Check out: GUN FRIENDLY

odyssey1

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 04:09:52 PM »
I was in college up in DeKalb when this happened.  Seems like yesterday, doesn't it?  This made such big news when it happened and even bigger news when the ex-girlfriend came forward and turned them in. 

17 years was a long time for the victim's families to wait for justice but I'm glad to see justice was finally served to these two!

GH1

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 05:53:12 PM »
I remember this case well, as I was living in the area at the time.  I'm glad they caught the filth that did this.
GH1 :)
I owe my life to an organ donor.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:30:33 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk