Author Topic: SIG Handgun Model Question  (Read 19911 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 582
Re: SIG Handgun Model Question
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2008, 08:22:18 PM »
RASTUS!!!

How could you after all of the bad press here?  Don't you trust us?  If I wanted a gun that felt more center fire in a rim fire I would look at the Walther or others.  
Haz,

Probably for the same reasons you bought it.....and I trust ya'll....only my lust factor was probably higher than yours.  Have had a problem with that in this life.....or it could be my outlet for gambling.  Yeah...I know about the Walther's and they are nice....and it's likely I'll buy one of those with an AAC Pilot next week (when I pay for that integrally supressed M77 in .44 mag I told you about).  I mean....man that Mosquito sure ooozes the hot stuff...know what I mean?   I know...I know...ya'll can put in the penalty box.

But the bigger penalty box will be Sig....I respect Ruger for what they are doing...but you know...if Sig won't fix the new ones coming our or discontinue them...much less give people a warning...you got to wonder.  There probably won't be a 229 in my future if the Mosquito fails and I was looking for a piston operated AR...both considerable sales that may be botched if I get a shoddy Mosquito...and this is no bull I was holding one of those 229's the other day and really need (want) one and have the cash available...and I need an AR I can use my can with so that I don't get gas in the face.....but it's a cinch I'll get an FS2000 over the Sig AR if the Mosquito bites me.

Now...my few sales won't sink them...but by how many times is this being multiplied.  I'll give a range report after I burn a few through it.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2008, 08:30:06 PM »
One hint.  There is a hole in the slide on the right hand side behind the ejection prt.  Book says a drop or two of oil...FLOOD it (6 drops) it might work better.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Dougdubya

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2008, 11:57:49 PM »
SIG took a while to fix the P230's breakable grip problem with the rubber grips on the P232.

As for the Mosquito, it's not even manufactured by SIG, but rather it's more or less a licensed copy of the P226 in .22 LR.

Stick with the actual SIG products like the P-series and the sigpros and you won't have much of a problem.

Now if they'd only release civillian friendly versions of the 550 and 551, instead of that AR wannabe 556.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2008, 01:41:00 PM »
Rastus had a brain fart!
Holy cow...I hope the mosquito works good, because it really is like the Pinto of Sigs. You think you got a good gun then the gas tank blows up on you...Ouch!

If you had started out with ANY other Sig model and didn't like them, I'd be fine with that but man, you CAN'T hold it against all those other good guns if it doesn't work, because everybody told you. But the lust...

Actually, how many times did people say, "Stay away from HER she's bad news" and oh boy, did I listen? Ha! Nope!

So Rastus had a lust moment. At least it was a relatively inexpensive lust moment. If it was a Pinto or a woman it would have been disastrous.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2008, 01:45:11 PM »
JayBeth,

BTW I liked the picture of you and your axe better.
I'm just trying to show that I'm versatile. I can pose AND waste ammo.

www.bluebone.net

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 05:00:44 AM »

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Flawless
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2008, 08:59:58 PM »
Well guys...went to the range today and ran the Mosquito.  250+ rounds and flawless.  No failures, no malfunctions.  It worked perfectly.  The only thing I had to do was nudge the sight over a bit as the gun was shooting to the right of point of aim.

I will say the trigger needs a bit of work...I guess I've gotten used to the new stuff...when I pulled out my 25+ year old Challenger III I quickly remembered what a 22 trigger could be.

Looks like I'm on my way to a 229...after a possible AR-10 detour....

tombogan03884

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2008, 10:29:28 PM »
Well guys...went to the range today and ran the Mosquito.  250+ rounds and flawless.  No failures, no malfunctions.  It worked perfectly.  The only thing I had to do was nudge the sight over a bit as the gun was shooting to the right of point of aim.

I will say the trigger needs a bit of work...I guess I've gotten used to the new stuff...when I pulled out my 25+ year old Challenger III I quickly remembered what a 22 trigger could be.

Looks like I'm on my way to a 229...after a possible AR-10 detour....

Don't forget to by your Lottery ticket, You are one LUCKY dude. Hope you enjoy it.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2008, 03:44:30 AM »
Don't forget to by your Lottery ticket, You are one LUCKY dude. Hope you enjoy it.

Could be because I won't buy one????

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2008, 03:58:44 PM »
i AGREE! Go out and buy the biggest lottery ticket you can find because YOU lucked out !

www.bluebone.net

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2008, 11:07:57 PM »
If I bought one of those tickets my teeth would fall out (the ones that are left), the IRS would come knockin', someone would cart off my gun safe and my wife would get fat.

Better off for me to be your conscience on the sidelines and leave well enough alone.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk