Author Topic: Movie thread  (Read 26163 times)

sammy00

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Movie thread
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2021, 06:48:39 AM »
Recently I watched the movie Avengers: Endgame. After watching Infinity War, I was looking forward to the release of the Endgame. The film is filled with funny moments, irony in relation to oneself. And I just love it. In general, the creators of the Final do not let us relax, they prepare us for the denouement. So inevitable, so logical and at the same moment so terrible! Two and a half hours in front of us is just an unrealistically cool and positive picture, and then thirty minutes of pain and fear. A film with a logical but unpleasant ending.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1108
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2021, 11:33:18 AM »
Thanks a lot for so many ideas. In general, it's hard for me to be amazed at this chapter because I've watched a lot of movies and series since I was little, so I know about all the really good movies so far. For this reason, I often go to various forums and discussions to be up to date with what is new and to see something new. By the way, I've always gotten used to watch full movies online on FMovies because I love this site. Do you know about it?

Sites like that are why I have over 900 movies on my computer. I actually watched one within the last month or so. ::) My friend I ride ATVs with has a small TV with a built in DVD player, and some nights he sets it on the picnic table and we watch movies around the campfire. A few drinks, a good fire, and a movie or 2 is a great way to end the day. The guy who used to burn a lot of movies for them quit a few years ago, and I haven't burned very many. But last summer I bought an HDMI cable to plug my laptop into the TV, so I don't even have to burn DVDs anymore. I just transferred 2 or 3 dozen movies to my laptop via USB 3.0 SuperSpeed flash drive, and I have lots of choices for the year. I doubt we'll even watch half of them. But I have to spend more time trying to figure out which ones don't suck. I only have 5% free space on my desktop so I need to delete a lot of movies without watching them. I check the ratings at IMDb most of the time, but the ratings are badly skewed by people lying. There will be a lot of 10/10 ratings by the family of people involved with making the movie, or people they pay to give good reviews, I'm not sure which. And if you don't take the time to look at the negative reviews saying things like, what movie did you just see that I didn't, or, how could anyone rate this higher than a 3, and that high only because of the scenery, etc., you get suckered. There are certain movie companies that I see their name on and know not to waste my time on it. Asylum is a prime example.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2021, 11:45:05 AM »
Anyone seen "Nobody"? Action movie starring Bob "Better Call Saul" Odenkirk. I've got a rain check pass, and I'm very tempted!

The only thing stopping me from using my free movie pass to watch it was lack of transportation. My birthday gift "so large it would choke a horse" free bucket of popcorn expired Friday. I would have brought it home and ate it, and watched the movie with less distraction (and potential virus exposure). I was lucky enough to get my idiot brother to take me to the store on the way home from getting my stuff out of my truck. He was in such a big hurry I didn't buy much more than bread and cheese for the hamburgers in my freezer.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1447
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2021, 10:50:27 AM »
I watched Without Remorse this weekend. Amazon's production of the Clancy novel.

I don't think they did the novel justice but it wasn't a total waste. I would rate it about a 6 or 7 on a 10 scale. Action was good, plot fair. I would watch it again but would not "pay" to see it.

Here is a link to the IMDB preview.

"https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499097/"
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2021, 05:35:59 PM »
The up side.

Normally I would never watch a movie like this, but the misses wanted too.   It was very good.  We then watched the French original  version  the intouchables.  Whcih was actually better  despite thebsub titles.

This type of movie is not my cup of t but I did enjoy  it.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #75 on: Today at 04:53:03 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2021, 05:40:43 PM »
I watched Without Remorse this weekend. Amazon's production of the Clancy novel.

I don't think they did the novel justice but it wasn't a total waste. I would rate it about a 6 or 7 on a 10 scale. Action was good, plot fair. I would watch it again but would not "pay" to see it.

Was that the one about "Mr. Clark" ?
I haven't watched a movie in over 10 years.
I don't watch tv either, I can't sit and do nothing long enough for more than a You Tube video.
I read though, then I'm not doing nothing, I'm reading.   ;D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2021, 04:07:34 AM »

That's the kind of movie that I would be interested in, but I would see Metascore 42 from Metacritic.com and skip it, if I hadn't read this. Anything less than 50/100 automatically gets cut from the list, but now it's on the want to see list of movies. Annnd, I just looked at the user reviews at IMDb and it's off the list again. The first ten ratings are 2, 2, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2, and 2 out of 10, and it continues like that. It sounds like it's really a 1.5/10 movie according to the users at IMDb, and a 4.2/10 by the critics. Either score is too low for me to watch it.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2021, 04:11:51 AM »
Was that the one about "Mr. Clark" ?
I haven't watched a movie in over 10 years.
I don't watch tv either, I can't sit and do nothing long enough for more than a You Tube video.
I read though, then I'm not doing nothing, I'm reading.   ;D

It says, "John Clark, a Navy SEAL, goes on a path to avenge his wife's murder only to find himself inside of a larger conspiracy." but the credits call him John Kelly. 

tombogan03884

« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2021, 07:47:39 AM »
It says, "John Clark, a Navy SEAL, goes on a path to avenge his wife's murder only to find himself inside of a larger conspiracy." but the credits call him John Kelly. 

It's part of the story line.
Read the book.   ;D

Timothy

« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2021, 10:33:02 AM »
I’ve got a signed copy of “Hunt for Red October” around here somewhere!

His take on SOSUS was a bit off the mark but it was still classified then.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk