Author Topic: What's the deal with these "trusts" that I hear about ?  (Read 20217 times)

tombogan03884

Re: What's the deal with these "trusts" that I hear about ?
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2013, 02:17:52 PM »
Looking forward to it .

Paraguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2013, 08:27:35 PM »
I posted about this in the CafĂ©, but I bought a Suppressor today for my 9MM and it went very smoothly with no drama thanks to the Trust.  It was fun seeing where my photo, fingerprints and letter from the CLEO should go and leaving them blank! ;-)
Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people.

DanPatWork

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2013, 10:15:51 PM »
That is surely going to be discussed with the attorney on a call scheduled to take place in a couple of weeks.  If Feinstein had her way my AR-15 would go to the State if I died, and I am hoping that this trust would protect from a law like that.  I am spending the money to do this right because of what i don't know.  This administration and possibly ones to follow may use a tragic event to implement anti-Second Ammendment orders and I want to make sure that I am positioned in the best way possible not to have my promised rights infringed.
I will post on what I learn.

Were you able to get any answers regarding the non nfa items in the trust? Please do tell.
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

Paraguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2013, 10:19:23 AM »
Were you able to get any answers regarding the non nfa items in the trust? Please do tell.
If I die my NFA items may go to my heirs and they can sell or take ownership from an FFL as I understand it.  My cheaper trust ends when I die.  For big$$$ you can get a perpetual trust that carries on after death and all items will remain in ownership of the trust and therefore can be owned by heirs and trustees indefinitely.  Probably over $2,500 for that type of trust.  Again, I am not a lawyer, but this is how I understand it to be, in my State of PA.
Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk