Author Topic: DIY Items  (Read 17685 times)

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: DIY Items
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 11:17:59 PM »
That may have been true a few years ago but his last Form 1, last spring IIRC, took 4 months his first one 3 years ago took 3 months and the fastest turn aroud he has had was 45 days.  I think I heard this is a result from a Fed work slow-down to thumb their nose at use bitter clingers
He who dares wins.  SAS

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2012, 12:19:48 AM »
or they could just be flooded with lots and lots of Form 4's.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2012, 09:14:59 PM »
A gun shop in NH (Riley's ) is a class III dealer, they used to have a 10/22 with integral suppressor.
It looked just like a bull barrel. Diameter of 1 inch or less, however there was no way to tell by looking how long it was.

I have one of the last AAC Cloak barrels for the 10-22's.  They are integral and I hear AAC is coming out with an improved model.  Word is they suspended making them to handle big military contracts...whether that is true or not I dunno but it sounds good.  Anyway, my Cloak is a Butler Creek bull barrel (0.875") for a 10-22.  They machine out a few inches and insert K baffles...from what my dealer told me...he also said there are 3 K baffles in the Cloak and 5 K baffles in the Pilot can.  I guess the extra rifle barrel volume mostly overcomes the loss of a couple of baffles.  Curtis Higgins of S & H Arms ( www.sandharms.com )makes a the quietest integral I know of for a 10-22...but it has a 1" tube and you need to modify the stock to accept it.  Higgins's barrel is easy to clean (can't clean the Cloak) and get's it high performance (soundwise) by design...it will bleed down anything to subsonic.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2012, 02:45:37 AM »
I have one of the last AAC Cloak barrels for the 10-22's.  They are integral and I hear AAC is coming out with an improved model.  Word is they suspended making them to handle big military contracts...whether that is true or not I dunno but it sounds good.  Anyway, my Cloak is a Butler Creek bull barrel (0.875") for a 10-22.  They machine out a few inches and insert K baffles...from what my dealer told me...he also said there are 3 K baffles in the Cloak and 5 K baffles in the Pilot can.  I guess the extra rifle barrel volume mostly overcomes the loss of a couple of baffles.  Curtis Higgins of S & H Arms ( www.sandharms.com )makes a the quietest integral I know of for a 10-22...but it has a 1" tube and you need to modify the stock to accept it.  .
I think the 1" diameter is because of the tubing used to enclose everthing in one tube.  Custom tubing would be expensive and 25mm is only .984"(?).  Might work on a stock for a standard bull barrel, but metric sizes throuws some people off.

I may buy a Mark III from S & H, I've wanted one for a few years.  But I think I'll make my own first, after I find a way to squirrel away $200 for the stamp  ;)
He who dares wins.  SAS

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2012, 08:01:25 AM »
I think the 1" diameter is because of the tubing used to enclose everthing in one tube.  Custom tubing would be expensive and 25mm is only .984"(?).  Might work on a stock for a standard bull barrel, but metric sizes throuws some people off.

I may buy a Mark III from S & H, I've wanted one for a few years.  But I think I'll make my own first, after I find a way to squirrel away $200 for the stamp  ;)

You may be right on the 1" diameter.  That was one of the things that pushed me away, but Curtis will customize your stock with his price and I'm having second thought based upon performance and use of the Cloak.  The other thing was that I wanted to make sure I could go supersonic with the ammo if I wanted...he has a very efficient system that slows down a bullet because of how it traps the gases.

For the Ruger pistols....really sweet.  I'd like one too.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 02:54:22 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk