Author Topic: I could just kick myself!  (Read 3181 times)

gunman1911

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger Emeritus
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I could just kick myself!
« on: April 18, 2008, 09:05:41 PM »
4 years ago when I was short of cash and wanted a 1911 I found a Charles Daly for about $425.00 , while I was waiting for the paper work to get finished I spotted a Colt Python in the case for $425.00! I should have told him hold up doing the paper work I have changed my mind. But nope I had to have that 1911. What a mistake the 1911 blew a part in less than 20 rounds  and it was the worst POS gun and company I have ever dealt with.  last night I looked up Pythons on Guns America .$3000.00-40,000.00.  I could just cry. :'(
Back up guns---Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: I could just kick myself!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 09:41:50 PM »
I can relate, gunman, sold a 1966 Corvette in 1988 for $4000.00. All it needed was a paint job and some interior work. :'(

Sorry about the Colt, Guns America sometimes seems to be a "bit" pricey for some guns, never stop looking, there is one out there for you.

Keep the faith.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

gunman1911

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger Emeritus
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 09:47:36 PM »
And my penny jar!
Back up guns---Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

Neon Knight Anubis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 10:34:08 PM »
Last I checked, not that long ago btw, Colts were running over a grand for some of the newer models so this looks like price gouging to say the least. There will be a good deal somewhere, you just have to be there when it happens.
We'll know for the first time
If we're evil or divine
We're the last in line

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk