Author Topic: Home Security Systems?  (Read 5057 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
Re: Home Security Systems?
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2009, 06:38:58 PM »
Thank you everyone for your replies and suggestions.  I never thought I'd have to ask that question thinking I would never have a need for an alarm system. 

That theft happened durring the daytime as a lot of you also mentioned was a prime time for crooks and after talking with some of my neighbors, it was a planned robbery.  The owner goes on a walk every morning and the theft happened while he was out.

Mr. Pincus, thank you in advance for the DVD.  I will post a review once I watch it and I'm sure that if it's as informative as your shows, it'll be a winner.

I'll also post what we decide on for a home security system and will give a review.

Thanks everyone,

Odyssey

You can always pick out the new guys by the politeness  ;)  Hang around a while, and we'll whip that out of you!

The living in the country makes security are different issue.  We don't have LE with in a distance that would get them here before everything was loaded and gone.  We do our best to lock and inventory things, but it is only stuff.  Beyond that, we do have a new puppy that is planting landmines all over the front yard, and I am considering combining a barn by product with the three stooges methods and place a pail of hog manure on the top of every entry door when we leave on vacation  ;D
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Hottrockin

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Be wise, use every advantage!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Home Security Systems?
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2009, 07:00:11 PM »
I really like mine for when I AM HOME!

It goes off and me and my 9+1 friends can meet'em as they enter!

:P

It's important to discuss situations with family members and have a 'rules of thumb' and some key words in case a family member sets off the alarm instead of a bad guy.
NRA Member

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk