Author Topic: Springfield Armory XD(m) 5.25  (Read 13996 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: Springfield Armory XD(m) 5.25
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 08:52:28 PM »
  For $650+ it's not for me.  FWIW   Richard

Me either. Springfield is starting to creep into H&K price territory with these things. That's saying a lot when you consider the fact when they first bought the rights to manufacture the original Springfield XD off the design of the HS-2000, that pistol sold most everywhere for around $250.00.

Yes, this gun has some newer bells and whistles, but it's still the same basic design. Not much different than comparing a dressed up 1911 to a standard Government Model. It will sell because the XD has a lot of affectionadios, but it does give some new ammo to the Glock bashers when they start crying about how much profit Gaston makes on every gun he sells.  Bill T.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 05:03:37 PM »
I don't bash Chevrolet's  I mean, Glocks.

Got to shoot the XD 525 today.  Springfield (very smart marketing) sold the first production run to all the ranges with the stipulation they be used as rentals.   I ran 30 rounds through it.   I'd have run more but they didn't have a reloading tool for it and mine, for the XD(plain-noM) didn't fit.   Loading by thumb sucks.

Very smooth.  Very good sights.  Was easy to punch out the 10 ring on a D2 target at 10 yards.  As soon as funds are available it will become my "production" gun.

And on a side note:  At the range today, shooting beside me, was Slick's Sharp Shooter.  She's #1 ranked Lady's Jr shooter in the world of SASS!     She was working on her 1911 skills for the Wild Bunch, and with her G34 for USPSA.    Showed her the XD 525 and she shared some stories from the world championships.   All in all a good afternoon.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Timothy

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 05:30:27 PM »
When SA makes the XD's in the good old US of A, I'll be interested.

Until then, they can kiss my butt!  YMMV...mine's unwavering!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 07:13:28 AM »
Hey I try to balance cost and quality when I buy.   It's almost impossible to buy only American.  Well I guess if you don't have a TV or a computer or a cell phone or a radio you might get buy.    Each of has issues with one or another manufacturer.  Mine is with Ruger.  Others are with Glock.   And obviously some with SA.  I've looked at and shot most of the options for production class.  S&W, Glock, H&K, Sig, etc.   The XD line fits my needs at a price I'm willing to pay.

Most of my handguns are US made, by an almost 8/1 ratio.  That's my rationalization, and I'm sticking with it.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 10:20:43 AM »
I get tired of the lie that this is a SA product. They are doing nothing but marketing a Croatian product.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:17:06 AM »

atmiller

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 05:59:16 PM »
I get tired of the lie that this is a SA product. They are doing nothing but marketing a Croatian product.

I don't think they are trying to trick you.  It does have "CROATIA" stamped on the slide.  

Timothy

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2011, 06:15:46 PM »
Maybe I'm being a bit too harsh but I'm a guy who has a limited resource for firearms.  I have "X" amount of money to spend and the "X" has very few zeros.  I work in an industry that's dieing and tired of companies that are capable of providing an American made product but choose to make it elsewhere.

Take GE....they're about to close a division in WI to move it to Beijing by Jeff Immelt, the Chairman of GE, who's also the Czar of Obamas jobs creation whatchamacallit commitee...and we wonder why GE paid NO FEDERAL INCOME TAXES LAST YEAR!

Have I said lately.....f..k you Mr President!

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2011, 07:47:51 PM »
Just to provide some balance here...Do any of you own Taurus firearms? Rock Island Armory? HK? Sig Sauer? CZ? FN? Benelli? Beretta? Para Ordnance before they moved from Canada? Glock?

Just wondering.....

Timothy

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2011, 07:53:00 PM »
Just to provide some balance here...Do any of you own Taurus firearms? Rock Island Armory? HK? Sig Sauer? CZ? FN? Benelli? Beretta? Para Ordnance before they moved from Canada? Glock?

Just wondering.....

No I don't but those are foreign companies who build firearms in other countries.  Springfield Armory is an American company building firearms in foreign countries...

In fact, Sig, Beretta, Glock and FN do build guns domestically...

for full disclosure, I own a Para Ordnance 1911 made in Ft. Lauderdale, a 1969 Remington 870 and a 1903 Savage pump rifle.  My kid has a Sig made in Germany she bought used and a Remington 870.

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2011, 08:06:04 PM »
Timothy,
I understand your frustration about the off-shoring of American jobs. It would take way too long to go into the "big explanation" here, but this has been building for at least 30 - 40 years. I'll leave it at the situation here in the US is the result of a coordinated effort to move our economy to a service-oriented economy and thereby making us dependent on other countries to give to us things we used to provide for ourselves.

Holding some animus against SA, or S&W for that matter, will not make a tinker's damn in the long run. If we vote for people who really support free trade and not this crony collectivist BS that's called free trade, we might be able to turn this around.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk