Author Topic: First gift of the season  (Read 2392 times)

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: First gift of the season
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 10:57:34 AM »
2-3073-8       
KABAR WARTHOG SERRATED FOLDING KNIFE (3073)
By: Ka-bar Knives

Other items customers bought after viewing this item

Gerber 22-01589 Big Rock Camp Knife By: Gerber
$24.34

Victorinox Classic SD Swiss Army By: Orgill
$14.19

13 In Stock
SKU: 2-3073-8    

Was:    $29.37
Sale:    $19.58
Your Savings:    $9.79
Shipping:    FREE
Ships in 1-2 business days
Your Price $19.58
Add to Cart

Well, Tom, for just a few dollars more than a swiss army knife, you could have a folding Ka-Bar that fits in your pocket, scores torts and maintains your image. A bread knife...yetch!
Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 07:03:01 PM »
Today's mail delivered a package from Swiss Colony from my Mother.
Sometimes I'm good and actually wait to open these early gifts.
However, this one was clearly marked "REFRIGERATE IMMEDIATELY !  PERISHABLE ! ".
Well heavens, we don't want the goodies to perish so I immediately refrigerated.
Then I got thinking, wow, it's 2 weeks till Christmas.
What if we lose power ?
What if the Mayans were right ?
I better consider the well being of what turns out to be a Tort.
The instructions say, "To cut Tort, lay on side, score frosting with heated serrated blade, repeat."
I know in threads on knives that I have mentioned my distaste for serrated blades.  Hmmm , what to do ?
The only serrated edge I own is the saw blade on my Swiss Army knife.
It ain't pretty, but it sure is tasty  ;D
ADAPT - IMPROVISE - OVERCOME !

You made the right critical decision, Tom, but how did you manage to do all that while laying on your side?
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 07:16:02 PM »
I assumed they meant to lay the cake on it's side, since I had no frosting on me to cut and the hot blade would have hurt.
You really need to apply some critical thinking to deal with these situations.  ;D

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 10:06:06 PM »
Okay, not to change the subject, but this is the only one I'll be getting as far as I know.
I got it this morning, and I think it's lovely.. You can have some too..
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, 06:46:04 PM »
A gift I witnessed today got me to thinking that there is hope for America.  I was in the local gas station/convenience store when an elderly lady was struggling to put a small quantity of gas in her car.  A younger guy was at the same pump filling his truck.  The young man took the nozzle from her, filled her tank, and told her Merry Christmas.  The fill up was on him.  His act of kindness and generosity nearly brought tears to my eyes.

This flash mob video has been out there awhile and always brings a smile.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:52:50 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 08:14:25 PM »
A gift I witnessed today got me to thinking that there is hope for America.  I was in the local gas station/convenience store when an elderly lady was struggling to put a small quantity of gas in her car.  A younger guy was at the same pump filling his truck.  The young man took the nozzle from her, filled her tank, and told her Merry Christmas.  The fill up was on him.  His act of kindness and generosity nearly brought tears to my eyes.

Truly a great thing to hear of....thanks. After the last few weeks (several funerals and sickness), something like this is moving to to the spirit to read.

We should all try to endeavor to perform some random act of kindness for others.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk