Author Topic: New to AR's...  (Read 2741 times)

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New to AR's...
« on: April 01, 2013, 11:40:00 AM »
This is my second AR.  Needed $$$$ so didn't keep the first very long.  Can anyone post a good link(s) about the "Care and feeding of the AR".

TIA

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

DanPatWork

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: New to AR's...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 12:17:21 PM »
ar15.com

if you cant find what you need there, just ask. Plenty of forum to browse through, with manuals and info for builders as well. Good resource there as well for the ak platform too. Most folks there are helpfull. Word of caution, the general discussion section is a free for all, and can get a bit out of hand. The hometown section for Wisconsin has a pretty good group of regulars, comparable to here. YMMV
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

DanPatWork

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 12:21:27 PM »
I forgot to add, I just completed my first lower build with a printout of the assembly instructions and diagrams from there. The pictures and tutorials made the process smooth and relatively painless. I only had to crawl on the floor looking for the pivot pin detent twice.
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 01:35:55 PM »
Try AR 15armory.com. They are a lot less mall ninja than AR 15 forum.com..  There are some good and knowledgeable folks on the armory. But God knows they are gun Geeks with a capital G. They will debate screw sizes for three pages, BUT, they won't diss you for being a newbe and won't stop posting till your problem is solved. Just mind your manners as the site is moderated and etiquette is tighter than around here. Its a good site.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk