Author Topic: Wayne LaPierre is resigning.  (Read 1212 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
Re: Wayne LaPierre is resigning.
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2024, 12:30:28 PM »
(Assumption) I guess the Board was not aware this was happening at this meeting.

(Fact) This Civil case is highly politically and legally charged. This is a case where the Right to remain silent is very important. Every communication from the group or an individual must be carefully crafted and vetted.

(Assumption) The entire organization legal team has made it very clear that beyond the naming of the interim office holder, all next steps must be only through official proceedings and channels.

I would like to be a fly on the wall in this meeting room. A few years back several members and candidates backed away due to the rift in the Board and the power grab of Wayne. However, there are still some free thinkers that hold seats. I'm sure that the talks in the room are about more than new employees and potential legal problems. There will be deep discussions on the full direction of the organization that has been shifting over the last couple decades.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1110
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2024, 05:13:51 PM »
I've been an NRA member for 45 years or so and remember once that someone else tried to take control of the NRA but can't remember who it was. I think the guy had kind of a radical agenda, and plenty of supporters.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2024, 09:51:21 PM »
The Harlon Carter Cincinnati Revolution or Cincinnati Coup of 1977.  It returned the NRA to a 2nd Amendment defender and away from the road to outdoor hunting and sporting organization management wanted it to be. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2024, 11:02:04 PM »
I liked Harlon Carter. That was when I was in high school, around the time I joined or just prior. I think it was a decade later that someone else tried to take over. Neal something with an O in it IIRC. Or maybe it was O'Neil?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2024, 11:06:23 PM »
I just did a quick search and I think it was Neal Knox and his cronies who tried taking over the organization and got kicked to the curb. Whatever he was trying to do was a different kind of politics.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:23:45 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2024, 11:11:50 PM »
In 1977, Knox was among the hardliners who took control of the NRA.

The same hardliners fired Knox from the NRA five years later in 1982. Over the ensuing decade, Knox used his own columns in magazines popular with NRA members like Shotgun News and Guns & Ammo to get himself and up to 10 allies elected to the NRA board in 1991.

In 1997, a narrowly-divided NRA Board voted Knox out of the succession line for president of the NRA, replacing him with Charlton Heston, who was subsequently elected president of the organization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neal_Knox

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2024, 08:28:47 PM »
Tom Gresham's Guntalk Show link below.   The first hour was focused on LaPierre.  It sounds really bad to me.  If some of what I heard is true LaPierre needs a world class ass whipping.

https://guntalk.libsyn.com/wayne-lapierre-resigns-from-nra-are-second-amendment-groups-replacing-the-nra-finding-parts-for-older-guns-gun-talk-radio-010724-hour-1

76 board of directors....what the heck?  That's ridiculous.

We probably need to go to the NRA meeting in Dallas.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1448
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2024, 02:27:18 PM »
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2024, 05:25:53 PM »
What scares me is that New York can dump the current management and put their own in if something illegal did happen.  How about AOC or Greta Thumberg...maybe Senator Schumer or former Senator Clinton.....

Over a 150 years could be gone if thievery is confirmed.

I want my share of the Whittington Center and the firearms museum.....

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2024, 08:33:09 AM »
What scares me is that New York can dump the current management and put their own in if something illegal did happen.  How about AOC or Greta Thumberg...maybe Senator Schumer or former Senator Clinton.....

Over a 150 years could be gone if thievery is confirmed.

I want my share of the Whittington Center and the firearms museum.....

Me too. I own a square foot of NRA Whittington Center, at least.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk