Author Topic: V93  (Read 8734 times)

tombogan03884

Re: V93
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 01:32:33 PM »
Speaking of rifles I think this is a heck of a deal  CETME RIFLES. Classic arms

NO MATTERS WHICH DIRECTION YOU SEE THESE RIFLES FROM, THEY LOOK GREAT.
-
YES, THAT RIGHT, YOU CAN BELIEVE YOUR EYES. CETME RIFLES WERE HUGELY POPULAR A FEW YEARS BACK, BUT THEN LIKE MANY FINE RIFLES THEY DRIED UP AND DISAPPEARED. WE HAVE NOT HAD ANY FOR THE PAST 5 OR 6 YEARS. BUT WE JUST FOUND A SMALL BATCH AND THEY ARE SUPER NICE. THE CETME IS BASICALLY THE SEMI- AUTO VARIATION OF A G-3 RIFLE OR THE H&K 91. IN FACT THE ORIGINAL CETMES WERE BULIT IN SPAIN ON THE SAME MACHINERY THAT WAS LATER PURCHASED BY H&K TO BUILD THEIR FAMOUS HK-91 RIFLES ON. SO WHAT YOU BASICALLY HAVE HERE IS A WORLD CLASS, .308 SEMI AUTO RIFLE AT A GREAT PRICE. NEW BARRELS, BEAUTIFUL NEW BLACK POLY FURNITURE WITH THE SLIM LINE FOREARMS, NICE COMPENSATOR. FLIP TYPE 3 POSITION REAR SITE THAT ALLOWS FOR A SMALL APERTURE, A LARGER APERATURE OR A GROOVE SITE. COME COMPLETE WITH 2-20 RD MAGS AND A 5 RD (LEGAL FOR HUNTING MAG ). LIMITED QUANTITIES SO DON'T DELAY.....THIS IS THE BEST THING TO COME ALONG SINCE ELASTIC TOPS AROUND YOUR STEP INS... CETME RIFLE.......$579.95
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually the CETME came first, after the war Germany was not allowed to make military arms for a while so since the Franco regime in Spain had been pro Nazi, a lot of the weapons designers and manufacturers went there taking their previous ideas and technology with them. The Cetme was derived from the ideas and designs spawned by the StG-44 and other German arms but was actually first built in Spain, The H&K  G-3 was sort of like the child of exiled parents.
Does it have front AND rear sling swivels ? the one I got from Century (boo hiss) had no rear sling swivel and the stock was functional but kind of cheezy. I have never dealt with Classic Arms, but i would not buy ANYTHING from Century after that experience.

Lucas

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 02:51:56 PM »
where can i take a look
By the ring of our swords, and the flash of our cannons, they will know that We Are Free

warhawke

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 03:15:47 PM »
Most of Classic Arms guns ARE from CIA. These look like part of the last batch of CETME rifles that CIA built after they ran out of good CETME wood stocks and slapped some US made G-3 stocks on them. The last batch were mostly ground-bolt versions as I understand, which means instead of putting new rollers and locking-shoulders in them to fix head-space issues, they ground the back of the bolt-heads down to give them the proper head-space. I would suggest passing on these unless you can check and inspect the head-space.

A little tip on this.
You CANNOT check the head-space on a roller-locked action with no-go gauges. You need a set of feeler gauges (like you use for checking the gap on a spark plug).

Step 1) remove the magazine and lock the bolt back in the manual bolt-hold
Step 2) CHECK THE CHAMBER (make sure it's unloaded)
Step 3) slap the charging handle down (do NOT ease it down)
Step 4) pull the trigger to drop the hammer
Step 5) turn the weapon over and look into the mag-well
Step 6) use the feeler gauge between the bolt-head and bolt-carrier

the bolt gap on a 7.62x51mm NATO rifle (CETME/H&K/PTR) should be between .004 and .012 inches {.1mm and .5mm} (between .008 and .016 inches is optimal however, outside of these you probably should change the rollers, locking shoulder or even the bolt-head), I have heard the 5.56x45mm NATO versions should run between .010 and .020 inches but I cannot confirm that.

On a personal note, I don't like the 5.56 versions of the H&K. The desire to use as many parts between the various versions of the H&K system led to the '93 being excessively heavy and bulky. I myself would look to the AK-74, either in the original 5.45x39mm or 5.56. Magazines are a bit of an issue with the 5.56 (to say nothing of ammo prices) as there was and is no standard for the 5.56mm magazines there tends to be dimensional differences between the various 5.56mm AK mags. The 5.45mm was standardized by the Soviets so everybody's mags tend to work in everybody else's guns.
"Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem"
(The one hope of the doomed is not to hope for safety)
Virgil

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk