Author Topic: 2024 NRA ELECTIONS  (Read 506 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
2024 NRA ELECTIONS
« on: February 23, 2024, 10:55:57 AM »
Where do I start? 

Okay, I know you don't just fill out your quota of 25 names. Only vote for the actual candidates you really want, otherwise you're giving "points" to candidates you might not really want.

Now, who?  Who do I trust?

And what about all those amendments?  My gut says too many changes.  Too much to digest.  The BOD recommends it so that's a negative right there.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
Re: 2024 NRA ELECTIONS
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 05:06:29 PM »
On my first scan, and first reading, of the amendments, I approve of them. There are really only two: One is the Chief Compliance Officer, which I am shocked there was none, and the editing it takes to put them in the bylaws, and the second is stripping some power from the Executive VP.  My gut is this this in reaction to what we need to do to show serious and appropriate changes following Wayne's deeds.

Choosing who to vote for will take a while. 35 choices to fill 25 seats. Not saying that I will even vote for 25, but I want to do what I can to select those best suited.  It is going to be a tough go for a while, and we need strength in these seats.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1111
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 04:59:55 AM »
I'm a voting member but thought I didn't get an issue of American Rifleman with all the voting stuff in it yet. So I went out in my bathrobe and checked the mail, and there it was. Hey, it's only 5 degrees below freezing, and I had my slippers on. It's not like I risked getting cold or anything. And no one probably saw me out there just before 6 am.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2024, 07:43:07 AM »
OK guys, who are your top 5 picks and who are the 5 you should never vote for?  I haven't gotten my copy yet with the voting information.  I think I may just go to the convention and vote.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2024, 10:36:06 AM »
Frank Tait just put out a newsletter about the court settlement.  He says, trouble is all the money that's been spent for legal that will never be recovered.

He strongly recommends voting for the amendments.

Now who do I trust on the BOD?   I dismiss out of hand anybody from MD, NJ, MA or any other gun control state.   Is that fair?  No, but I have nothing else to go on.

Locally(GA) Carolyn Meadows has been on the board for a while.  But where does she stand with all of this?  I don't know.
How about the somewhat famous like Buz Mills, Kim Rhode, Ronnie Barrett, Roy Innis, & Dean Cain?  Where do they stand?

There's another Georgian, Greer Jonson, from Duluth, just up the road.   Maybe at next weekend's match I can find out about him.
Will work for ammo

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:22:33 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2024, 11:24:02 AM »
Let me add that just because a candidate comes from a gun friendly state doesn't mean I trust them either.
I like the idea of not voting for BOD recommendations.

Jeff Knox has recommendations, none of which are recommended by the BOD.

https://firearmscoalition.org/author/jeff/
Will work for ammo

Catalina

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2024, 12:54:00 PM »
Sorry I have nothing helpful to offer. I pitched my April issue.

A panel of 25 people is not a board of directors. I don't know what it is, but it isn't an effective governance/leadership body.

It's sad to see what has become of this ancient (by American age) and once powerful/effective organization.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2024, 02:07:37 PM »
I just got my issue yesterday and it is already in my recycle bin. Need to extract the ballots. I wasn't going to vote, but with Wayne gone, maybe . . . .

I'd go with Knox's recommendations, he's been a stalwart guy; at least I haven't heard anything to the contrary. I would throw in Ronnie Barrett as well. But I agree with the above, the 25 did NOTHING to rein LaPierre in so the board is likely still pointless.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1111
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2024, 03:42:31 PM »
I'm not going to vote. I'm just going to bitch about the outcome. - Half of all American voters, ever.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2024, 06:02:52 PM »
Alf I like how you think.  That's at least some reasoning that I can get behind with a lack of hard information.  No one from gun control states.

I do the same type of thing when voting BOD's for public companies.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk