Author Topic: Biometric Gunsafes Malfunction, Allowing Anyone to Open  (Read 440 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1111
Biometric Gunsafes Malfunction, Allowing Anyone to Open
« on: February 27, 2024, 01:40:34 AM »
Biometric Gunsafes Malfunction, Allowing Anyone to Open;
CPSC Widens Recall to 120,000 More Safes Sold by 4 Manufacturers at Walmart, Amazon, and Bass Pro Shops;
Serious Risk of Death

https://www.cpsc.gov/About-CPSC/Commissioner/Richard-Trumka/Statement/Biometric-Gunsafes-Malfunction-Allowing-Anyone-to-Open-CPSC-Widens-Recall-to-120000-More-Safes-Sold-by-4-Manufacturers-at-Walmart-Amazon-and-Bass-Pro-Shops-Serious-Risk-of-Death
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: Biometric Gunsafes Malfunction, Allowing Anyone to Open
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 02:46:46 AM »
The more complex they make the technology, the greater the risk of malfunction. K.I.S.S. applies most everywhere.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2024, 09:30:55 AM »
Plus if you’re the product manager which side will give you the least customer service calls?  Err on the side of false negative or false positive?

Oh wait. What did you say? Just make the product work right all the time?  Silly boy.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 08:50:23 AM »
Plus if you’re the product manager which side will give you the least customer service calls?  Err on the side of false negative or false positive?

Oh wait. What did you say? Just make the product work right all the time?  Silly boy.

Are you kidding?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1448
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 09:45:23 AM »
Are you kidding?

Probably not. I am in the computer industry and I have seen salespeople talk about a known defect (bug) and call it a feature to sell the product.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:28:28 AM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2024, 03:57:56 PM »
Probably not. I am in the computer industry and I have seen salespeople talk about a known defect (bug) and call it a feature to sell the product.

Gee.  Sounds like Microsoft and Excel they rolled out several years ago.  They were trying to entice the unwashed masses by making it "easy" and "intuitive"....it was a steaming POS.  The first Excel I'd had since 1989 or so that had serious bugs in it.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2024, 04:53:01 PM »
My old friend Clippy.  I wonder how he's doing?
Will work for ammo

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2024, 08:58:41 PM »
Boy that was an aggravating piece of software.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2024, 05:44:34 AM »
Clippy was way before my time with a computer, but I heard he was really annoying.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2024, 09:41:58 AM »
It was annoying, but way ahead of his time when you look at all the autocorrect, auto insert, and AI now being deployed.
Will work for ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk