Author Topic: An Unexpected Meeting  (Read 2815 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
An Unexpected Meeting
« on: July 13, 2014, 01:58:30 PM »
I had an unexpected, but kinda cool, meeting yesterday.

The main city in our county has a local Farmer's Market downtown at an old railway depot. My wife bakes fresh homemade cakes and sweets and we set up under a tent for just a few hours (8-noon) and sell the goods.
Our pastor and his daughter usually come by most Saturdays and pass time and such. Well, this past Saturday a gentleman came up, and after recognizing and greeting our pastor began to carry on in conversation and catch up with him.
Our pastor introduced him as Pastor West, from a church in a neighboring county a few miles from our church.....then he mentioned that, oh, by the way, if you have heard of Allen West from Florida, this is his brother.
We went on to have some pleasant conversation (only briefly touched on politics, and his brother).
I thought it was pretty cool.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: An Unexpected Meeting
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 07:39:35 PM »
YEAH,  cool !
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 05:57:21 AM »
"Cool" ?  Yes, that fits .  ;D

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 02:06:37 PM »
Don't know about the preacher, but I'd follow his brother into any fight.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 05:37:27 PM »
Don't know about the preacher, but I'd follow his brother into any fight.

Crusader Rabbit

Absolutely!
He who dares wins.  SAS

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:35:27 AM »

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 12:15:26 AM »
Col. West spoke at my church a few weeks back. I got to shake his hand and chat for a couple of minutes.. Yes, this was WAY COOL!!!
I didn't know it at the time but my (new) wife snapped a picture. It now sits on the mantle...
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 07:26:56 AM »
He sure seems like one heck of a good guy from everything I've heard from or about him.
The liberals call him an "Uncle Tom" too, so that also indicates he's a good guy.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 03:27:14 PM »
I've heard only good things about him also...except from FQ who calls him a Carpetbagger.

I'd not label that a fault if he means what he says and does the same.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk