Author Topic: Anyone Into Big Bore Revolvers?  (Read 4461 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: Anyone Into Big Bore Revolvers?
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 05:34:09 AM »
One of the features I really like about the BFR is the use of a screw through the cylinder pin to retain it. I have several Ruger revolvers that have the spring loaded pin that snaps into the detent on the cylinder pin. On a few of them with heavy recoiling loads, I've had the pin pop out of the detent and move forward, tying up the gun. That cannot happen with the BFR. Another thing I like is the use of Stainless steel socket head cap screws to secure the frame, and the way the cylinder free wheels in either direction when you open the loading gate. They used their heads when they built that gun.  Bill T.

ms1212

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 03:27:36 PM »
Those are some nice concealed carry guns. ;D

Just think you can alter Crocodile Dundee's line "that's not a gun,this is a gun."

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 12:12:35 AM »
Droool!
One of the agents here in aus has BFR's and to my knowledge has a couple in 30-30.
"gold coast guns" in qld - Dick Haines.
I was nearly tempted to buy one in 45/70 last year. 2.5k is a little steep for this little black duck atm though. Although was seriously tempted to sell wife and kids, but then where would I come up with the other 2k  ???
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk