Author Topic: HEAR YE! HEAR YE! The Fourth Annual 1911Gunman Online Postal Match Is Here!  (Read 7882 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
It's time to let your shooting skills and firearms do the talking! DRTV Members, new & old, are eligible to participate in our Fourth Annual 1911Gunman Online Postal Match.

1911Gunman's DRTV Avatar.

This match is dedicated to Fallen DRTV Member and Ranger Emeritus, 1911Gunman, David V. Raddatz, age 53, of Onaway, Michigan, who passed away October 4, 2008.  He was a Medical Responder, Security Guard, Gunsmith, family man, and loved camping and the outdoors. He posted here often, and this is our tribute to David.

All proceeds will be sent to a Charity to be determined.

GENERAL

Any caliber up to (not including) 50 BMG.

SCORING   5 ROUNDS

Smallest group (5 rounds)
Closest group to center (5 rounds)
Measured from outside edge of bullet hole. This could be the same group / target as the winner of both.

TARGETS

ALL targets will be the same. Found at this link. PDF File. (Just download and print).

http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3987.0;attach=1901

ONE TARGET PER CLASS.

CLASSES

1A: Rifle at 50 yards - Open Sights - Shooting Style Off Hand

1B: Rifle at 50 yards - Open Sights - Shooting Style Bench Rest

2A: Rifle at 100 yards - Optics including red dot - Shooting Style Off Hand

2B: Rifle at 100 yards - Optics including red dot - Shooting Style Bench Rest

3A: Pocket pistol/revolver (3.5 inch barrel or less) at 7 yards - Shooting Style Off Hand

3B: Pocket pistol/revolver (3.5 inch barrel or less) at 7 yards - Shooting Style Bench Rest

4A: Full size pistol/revolver (up to 7.5 inch barrel) at 10 yards - Shooting Style Off Hand

4B: Full size pistol/revolver (up to 7.5 inch barrel) at 10 yards - Shooting Style Bench Rest

5A: Open Pistol/Revolver (over 7.5 inch barrel and or optics) 25 yards - Shooting Style Off Hand

5B: Open Pistol/Revolver (over 7.5 inch barrel and or optics) 25 yards - Shooting Style Bench Rest

PROCEDURE

1) Download and print out attached target.

2) After you have shot the target(s), mark it with:

Class # (see above), make & model firearm, caliber, barrel length, DRTV forum user id and real name.

EXAMPLE: Class 4A, S&W 1911, .45ACP, 5" Barrel, jsmith, John Smith.

To Participate in the postal match, send the target(s) and a $5.00 cash or check per target to:

Gunman1911 Postal Match
Thomas Watchorn
1120 NW 84th Drive
Coral Springs, Florida 33071

Check must be written out to Down Range Media.

DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS JANUARY 3, 2012.

All targets and funds will be collected, scored, and sent to Marshal'ette for final review, and Declaration Of Winners.

Feel free to post your target photos and firearm here before mailing, show us what you got!!! If you can shoot a 4-Leaf Clover, go for it!

Please PM me with any questions or here on this thread. Winners will have exclusive "Big Head Bragging Rights for 2012".

GOOD LUCK & GOOD SHOOTING!!!!

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
I'm in this year!  I missed out on the last one.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
I'm in this year!  I missed out on the last one.

Fantastic kmitch, but your "eighty-eight magnum, that shoots through schools, is not allowed this time"....

;D

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Mericet

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Gunsmithing blog
  • Liked:
No ways will I win, but I am going to see if I can put in a few entries.

Timothy

The winner is the Charity!

thanks again TW and Marshal'ette!

Sponsor

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
When printing the target, does the black center measure 2" and the red approx 5/8"?
Just wanted to make sure this printer is behaving.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Timothy

When printing the target, does the black center measure 2" and the red approx 5/8"?
Just wanted to make sure this printer is behaving.

Print it full scale on 8-1/2 x 11 paper and they're correct scale.

I use a heavier bond paper to keep them flat.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
No ways will I win, but I am going to see if I can put in a few entries.

Everyone who enters wins.  

You might win the bragging rights, or not, but you WILL come away rewarded by knowing you will be helping a good cause.

Take care.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
As Capt. Augustus McCrae said, "You boys get ready to shed a tear, too."    ;D   ;)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
I won all categories in my class last year.

Of course, I was the only one entered for it and it wasn't an official class, but I'm still proud of it  ;D ;D ;D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk