Author Topic: The demand for the Ruger LCP has finally fallen back to earth.....  (Read 2794 times)

fullautovalmet76

I recently sold one of my Paras (18*9) on Gunbroker and noticed something all of us would have thought very odd last year- no bids for new Ruger LCPs! If you check today, you'll find many that are near the end of the auction with no bids and prices that are nearly $100 under list.

I know the dearth of .380 ammo has certainly slowed sales but I also believe that the market for little guns may be swamped right now too. So what did I do?

I bought one for around $280; just a bit on the high side but it came with some mag extensions and it's a post-recall model- never fired. If you ever wanted one of these mouse guns, now may be the time.

Badgersmilk

Re: The demand for the Ruger LCP has finally fallen back to earth.....
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 02:42:59 AM »
I think their cool LITTLE guns!  Good buy!

Good luck with finding ammo though (there are waiting lists at most stores!).  Hopefully you had plenty already!

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 08:15:15 AM »
I think their cool LITTLE guns!  Good buy!

Good luck with finding ammo though (there are waiting lists at most stores!).  Hopefully you had plenty already!

Fortunately, I have a few friends at some local stores who have some stashed for their regular customers......

Jungle Warrior

• Forum Member
  • Even the little creatures need to eat.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 08:39:59 PM »
When I was at one of my favorite gun shops last week, I was able to handle and play with one of their Ruger LCP's.  They would not let me dry fire the toy and was courious as to why.  Any problems with the pistol other than the Recall for misc repairs?  Also, what is the trigger pull for the DA?  KelTec trigger pull seems to be far too strong for an effective rear jean pocket pistol. The overall size is easy to conceal.  As far as a .380 being potent enough, an shot in the pert's left eye is a kill shot in my book.  Thoughts?
Rangers really do not leave their comrads behind.  At least most of their parts are returned home; but their memory remains forever.  My Salute to the 14 who Gave Their All.

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 08:46:00 PM »
When I was at one of my favorite gun shops last week, I was able to handle and play with one of their Ruger LCP's.  They would not let me dry fire the toy and was courious as to why.  Any problems with the pistol other than the Recall for misc repairs?  Also, what is the trigger pull for the DA?  KelTec trigger pull seems to be far too strong for an effective rear jean pocket pistol. The overall size is easy to conceal.  As far as a .380 being potent enough, an shot in the pert's left eye is a kill shot in my book.  Thoughts?

I haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet but plan to do it this week; I was able to get some SD and target ammo this weekend. The trigger pull seems to be very manageable to me. And I agree with you about your point on the potency of the .380- I would not want to get shot in the face or anywhere else with that round.

Sponsor

underdog

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 12:19:03 AM »
Nice to see that prices have come back down to earth.  Looks like there are some on gunbroker for $350 that include an extra mag and 100 rds of .380.  Does this sound like a good deal or would it be better to buy the mag and ammo on the side?
"One is none, two is one."

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 08:39:07 AM »
Nice to see that prices have come back down to earth.  Looks like there are some on gunbroker for $350 that include an extra mag and 100 rds of .380.  Does this sound like a good deal or would it be better to buy the mag and ammo on the side?

Buy it!

100 rds of ammo will run you about $75 and the extra mag is about $35 also I believe
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

mudman

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 09:10:20 AM »
No dry fire

DRY FIRE WITH SNAP CAPS ONLY

saltydogbk

• Better to die on my feet than live on my knees
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 09:32:26 AM »
I got an LCP a couple of months ago.  Price was $300 delivered.  Love carrying it.  I tend to carry all the time now as opposed to before when it was a larger gun.  The larger gun was a J frame.  As Mae West said "Is that a pistol in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"
You can never have too many guns, or too much ammo

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 10:29:44 AM »
The gun shop just got in LCP's in a bi-tone and raspberry (lower is raspberry and the slide is black).
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk