Author Topic: buy on iTunes or DVD?  (Read 17487 times)

Cogz

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
buy on iTunes or DVD?
« on: December 15, 2008, 06:20:50 PM »
I want to submit a request that benefits myself and a certain segment of the population.

I want to be able to buy episodes of "Shooting Gallery" and "Best Defense" for later viewing on my computer or TV.

I am a single guy and watch VERY little television.  It makes no sense at all for me to spend the $100/mo for me to subscribe to the platinum or other premium packages that have The Outdoor Channel for just two shows.

If there is nothing in the works that will allow me to buy the shows on DVD, iTunes, or let me watch it on something like Hulu, can you please work on this?

Shooting Gallery and Best Defense are (or look like) great shows but I cannot justify $1,000 a year for them.  For that price I could buy a LOT of ammo.

Thanks!

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 577
Re: buy on iTunes or DVD?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 08:00:38 PM »
Basic satellite service $20-$25/month plus a-la-carte for about $2/month.

$25-$30 a month with Outdoor Channel...maybe add a TIVO/DVR.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 08:17:14 PM »
I first heard about the outdoor channel at SHOT, and they said if your provider does not show it ask about it, so I did, and it was available ala carte. Like Rastus said, 2 bucks, that was 10 years ago.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 01:15:04 AM »
I want to submit a request that benefits myself and a certain segment of the population.

I want to be able to buy episodes of "Shooting Gallery" and "Best Defense" for later viewing on my computer or TV.

I am a single guy and watch VERY little television.  It makes no sense at all for me to spend the $100/mo for me to subscribe to the platinum or other premium packages that have The Outdoor Channel for just two shows.

If there is nothing in the works that will allow me to buy the shows on DVD, iTunes, or let me watch it on something like Hulu, can you please work on this?

Shooting Gallery and Best Defense are (or look like) great shows but I cannot justify $1,000 a year for them.  For that price I could buy a LOT of ammo.

Thanks!

Sounds like you work 2nd shift. I don't even OWN a TV  ;D  I'd like something that let me watch the shows on computer somehow.

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 06:29:26 AM »
Basic satellite service $20-$25/month plus a-la-carte for about $2/month.

$25-$30 a month with Outdoor Channel...maybe add a TIVO/DVR.

that is all right for some,

however I have never seen a show, as I am not able to get the Outdoor Channel here in Aust.

I would love to get it on iTunes  however needs to be available on the Aust iTunes store as well  :D
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:09:53 AM »

Rob Pincus

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
    • I.C.E. Training Company
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 04:43:32 PM »
FWIW, I have been lobbying for a DVD set of The Best Defense to become available this spring after the season has aired. That decision, however, is going to be made wayyyyy above my pay grade.

-RJP

Cogz

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 08:39:23 PM »
Sounds like you work 2nd shift. I don't even OWN a TV  ;D  I'd like something that let me watch the shows on computer somehow.

Well, I do own a TV and my schedule is very flexible (not exclusively 2nd shift).

Admission time:  I am poor and live with my parents.  I do not have control over the TV package and we just recently cut back on our TV package due to finances.

I guess I can contact them about doing outdoor TV ala cart...

Does dish network do that?

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 08:44:37 PM »
FWIW, I have been lobbying for a DVD set of The Best Defense to become available this spring after the season has aired. That decision, however, is going to be made wayyyyy above my pay grade.

-RJP

HOLY $#*+! You guys get paid too!

Living the dream, I tell ya. Living the dream.....
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 04:40:04 AM »
HOLY $#*+! You guys get paid too!

Living the dream, I tell ya. Living the dream.....

I second that
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

Chromedragon

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 11:58:16 PM »
looks like this topic is a bit old but has there been any movement. i enjoy the series but am a late comer to the shooting gallery side of things...luckly i have been able to get almost all of the Best defense on DVR but...would love to have DVD opitions as my provider does not let me archive them off of the device. 

any and all info would be appreciated.  ;D
“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” 
"No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.

Robert A. Heinlein

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk