Author Topic: Every Day Carry Knife - what do you carry  (Read 48875 times)

Timothy

Re: Every Day Carry Knife - what do you carry
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2011, 06:55:26 PM »

never seen the composite blade... you will have to let me know how it holds an edge.

Coming up on two months now, carried and used every day for any number of things.  Holds the best edge of anything I've ever owned to date and that's about 45 years of carrying some kind of pocket knife!

Just ordered a Kershaw Blur about an hour ago.  Retail is about 100 bucks, Amazon had one listed for 35 bucks with no freight so I bought it...

Range report to follow...

cevtv

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2011, 05:45:42 PM »
Emerson Commander.  This was a Limited Edition run of just 7 with the "Emerson Combat Systems" logo.......  Amazing knife, fits the hand perfectly.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 577
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2011, 08:03:57 AM »
Sweet looking blade....nice shape.

Emerson Commander.  This was a Limited Edition run of just 7 with the "Emerson Combat Systems" logo.......  Amazing knife, fits the hand perfectly.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2011, 09:30:50 PM »
I have carried a Benchmade Griptillian (the big one, with serrations and the hole in the blade) for about 2 years now but I sure do miss the old Spyderco it replaced due to the clip breaking off, it was slimmer, sharper and easier to open. I was talked into the Griptillian by a friend who got a deal on them somewhere for $60 ea. Shame the good (big) Spyderco's are so pricey.

MP
Best Wishes, Mike.

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2011, 09:41:01 PM »
I have carried a Benchmade Griptillian (the big one, with serrations and the hole in the blade) for about 2 years now but I sure do miss the old Spyderco it replaced due to the clip breaking off, it was slimmer, sharper and easier to open. I was talked into the Griptillian by a friend who got a deal on them somewhere for $60 ea. Shame the good (big) Spyderco's are so pricey.

MP

I don't know what Spyderco you had (have?) but you should be able to buy a replacement clip for it.  I carry an Endura and a Delica daily.  I broke the clip on my Endura shortly after I bought it (talk about ill).  I was getting my toolbag out of my truck and it swung down by my leg and caught the clip just in the right position to break it.  I was able to order a clip for just a couple dollars.

Sponsor

« Reply #55 on: Today at 07:01:35 AM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2011, 10:11:10 PM »
Their CS is great. They'll even sharpen it for you for $5. Call them. I doubt you'll be out 20 bucks, sharpening included.
FQ13

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2011, 05:54:46 AM »
It was about 20 years old I guess and the clip was moulded out of the same material as the black plastic grip panels - might be worth sending it to them anyway to see if they can help, thanks guys  MP
Best Wishes, Mike.

Steve3

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2011, 08:07:31 PM »

I carry one of these three knives on a daily basis. All are worn in right front pocket.
All are made by Matt Bailey. The green handled one glows in the dark.
Thanks for looking.

Steve

ronlarimer

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Balloon Goes Up
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2011, 08:35:10 PM »
I love my benchmade griptilian.
Ron

We do not get to pick when the balloon goes up, only how well prepared we are to deal with it.
Balloon Goes Up

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2011, 02:25:46 AM »
Pretty Knives!
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk