Author Topic: AK Course, next week!  (Read 12614 times)

Rob Pincus

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
    • I.C.E. Training Company
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
AK Course, next week!
« on: August 04, 2009, 04:42:00 PM »
Okay, I'm taking my new "bargain" carbine to a course next week.... after accessorizing, I'm planning on still being under $800 (including red dot) retail.

Looking forward to seeing how it runs. I'll post an AAR and pics in this thread.

-RJP

fullautovalmet76

Re: AK Course, next week!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 05:38:17 PM »
Who did you wind up going with, Rob?

Rob Pincus

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
    • I.C.E. Training Company
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 05:41:55 PM »
Tactical Response.

In a genius stroke of efficiency, I get to check off several boxes (train with AK, Train with Tac-Response, meet with a new instructor in region, take a long motorcycle trip this summer, +, +) during the only week that I really had "open" in August. I had a .mil course get postponed to Sept, so it worked out well that Yeager had something on his schedule!

-RJP

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 09:12:22 PM »
Motorcycle trip and AK course? That'll get some stares. The Pincus traveling on his hog with an AK strapped to his back.  ;D
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 10:27:16 PM »
"The Pincus traveling on his hog with an AK strapped to his back.  "

I got a buddy does it all the time, he puts the soft case on the handlebars behind the windscreen.

Rob, please take pics, and if anyone is using the LaRue red dot, in place of the rear sight, let us know what you think, my friend Paul Gomez has one, but I have not had time to go check it out, sounds and looks very usable.  I love AR's, but have never discounted AK's or SKS's, that take the detachable AK mag. I think you will find it very usable, especially in an urban setting, 200 meters or less, and if applied correctly, further.

Have fun.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:08:59 PM »

ratcatcher55

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 11:16:02 AM »
The most important accessory for an AK is a good set of gloves. My hands end up a mess from all the sharp edges after a day of training.

Have fun.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 03:10:24 PM »
I'm really surprised these courses with AK-47's aren't far more popular than the AR-15 courses of the same nature. For one the guns are cheaper, and far more reliable! I know this will bring about a great many comments, but the fact remains the assault rifle of choice worldwide is the Kalashnikov. People need to accept that fact. I get so sick and tired of Colt lovers not accepting the FACT the AK-47 is the worldwide carbine of choice for war. I own and shoot a total of 7 AR-15 rifles, and love them all like children, but that does not excuse the fact the AK-47 is the greatest war rifle ever developed! PERIOD!   I don't mean to offend with pure fact. Bill T.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 03:15:07 PM »
As long as I'm on the warpath defending the AK-47, I don't see any carbine course with said weapon as a "bargain". The AK-47 is as deserving of a "premium price" as any overpriced AR-15! Of which, by the way, I own several!  Bill T.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 04:29:40 PM »
As long as I'm on the warpath defending the AK-47, I don't see any carbine course with said weapon as a "bargain". The AK-47 is as deserving of a "premium price" as any overpriced AR-15! Of which, by the way, I own several!  Bill T.

You want to pay more for an AK?  ???
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 05:53:20 PM »

Yes it is called a Valmet.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk