Author Topic: The Glock Performance trigger  (Read 797 times)

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
The Glock Performance trigger
« on: October 02, 2023, 12:31:37 PM »
So I picked up one of these for my Gen 5 G17. It came with a rubber band holding it together. (1st clue)
The design is different from what everybody is used to seeing. REALLY different from previous generations.(1-4)
I took it apart (research) and realized that everything needs to be just so in order for it to go back together.
I then saw the dot connector. Well WTH! Why did they put that in instead of the minus connector? Changed that, put it in the gun and dry fired a couple times. WAY to light!
Now the dot connector made sense, so it went back in.

It *looked* like it has slightly less curve than the standard at the very bottom of the trigger where the safety tab is but that could be an illusion since I didn’t have a gen3 out of the gun to compare side by side.
The feel is much better. The “wall” on my gen3 feels mushy before it breaks.
The Comp trigger got rid of that.

Reset is a good positive click but so were my other triggers since they were polished. The wall after just going out to reset again, doesn’t have The Mush.
Worth approx $90 bucks? In my opinion yes since I had the money on hand.
Is it as good as other trigger mods? I don’t know, I don’t have experience with a bunch of aftermarket mods for a comparison.

Is it magically a 1911 or revolver SA feel? Of course not, never will be…but it feels every bit as good as my friend’s M&P Performance Center trigger and it’s the best Glock trigger I own.

-Side note -
A RSO at my range said it will work in a gen3.
That is contradictory to ALL of the documentation I can find and haven’t tried it. He may be full of it - I might have to try an experiment but for now I’m happy where it sits. If it did work in other generations, I see no way Glock would have passed up that market opportunity.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: The Glock Performance trigger
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 07:58:28 PM »
Wait, you took a perfect Glock and put somebody else’s, surely not as perfect as Glock, parts in it?
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2023, 01:08:42 AM »
Oh no no no no no!
Glock makes and sells the Performance trigger!
Somehow they came up with “more perfection“.  ;)
You can buy it on the Glock site: (if you have one of the models it fits)

https://store.glock.us/glock-performance-trigger

They say in the description it is a flat faced trigger.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 576
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2023, 07:41:55 AM »
<snip>
Somehow they came up with “more perfection“.  ;)
<snip>

Nice catch!   8)
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2023, 11:59:33 PM »
"Trigger Pull Weight: 4lbs. Does not meet NIJ Standard for LE use." That sounds good to me. I wouldn't trust the majority of LEOs with a loaded gun, especially one with a decent trigger.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:03:20 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk