Author Topic: CO student suspended 10 days for wooden drill rifles  (Read 20134 times)

saltydogbk

• Better to die on my feet than live on my knees
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: CO student suspended 10 days for wooden drill rifles
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 12:06:33 PM »
I emailed both the Superintendent, and the board.  Lets light um up!!!
You can never have too many guns, or too much ammo

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 12:10:38 PM »
This is state law, stupid as it is.  A few years back a student was suspended for the whole school year for having a laser pointer shaped like a gun that was the size of your thumb (action figure sized).  Welcome to the wonderful world of ZERO tolerance, making it so that no judgment can be used by anyone.

Yes, ZERO Tolerance.........for administrators who don't want to HAVE to actually MAKE an EDUCATED DECISION.

Like the situation I had posted about before where a kid in a nearby county was kicked out of school six weeks before graduation for having a steak knife (left over from a camping trip) in the bed of his pickup during a routine parking lot check.
He was an honor student that was in the running for Valedictorian and was booted due to a zero tolerance policy, with no opportunity for an appeal. His only options were to return the next school year and repeat the classes he needed to graduate, or settle for a GED.

Boy this kind of idiocy burns my ass worse than a 3' high fire.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 12:28:52 PM »
I emailed both the Superintendent, and the board.  Lets light um up!!!

+1
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 12:40:08 PM »
she said she needed a diploma for entry into the Merchant Marines,  A GED will not do. 

I'm not so sure.   My former high school intern is now in the AF Academy and has neither a high school "Diploma" nor a GED.  He was home schooled.  The only "paper" he has is one signed by his mother. (Well that an a 90+ percentile on the SAT.)   The GED is suppose to be an "equivalency".   My best advise to the young lady is to talk to her admissions counselor at MMA to get a definitive ruling.

My point being there are alternatives.  People do not have to bow down to the peda"god"ues of public education. After seeing 3 sons through high school over a 14 year period and being on campus practically everyday as a volunteer:  I developed a zero tolerance for brain dead educators.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2009, 12:56:44 PM »
Didn't you know, according to the ACLU the bill of rights only contains 8 articles  :(

fixed... they don't see the 10a either.

If she was pointing it at students like it was a rilfe, or using it as a club, then she should get the full 10 days( maybe more).   If not, what a load of BS.

You only need a GED and pass the water survial school( 2 day class, one classroom the other practical in a pool) to become a merchant marine.  The class is very easy, Any able bodied person can pass it.   The hardest part is showing that you can flip over a life raft while in the water.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 12:13:55 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 02:19:09 PM »
fixed... they don't see the 10a either.

If she was pointing it at students like it was a rilfe, or using it as a club, then she should get the full 10 days( maybe more).   If not, what a load of BS.

You only need a GED and pass the water survial school( 2 day class, one classroom the other practical in a pool) to become a merchant marine.  The class is very easy, Any able bodied person can pass it.   The hardest part is showing that you can flip over a life raft while in the water.

TAB, She's going for the ACADEMY, 4 year school, may have higher standards than for a deck hand.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 02:33:30 PM »
It might, i was just pointing out that the merant marine is not hard to get into, If you think about it, its not a bad gig.  just under 50k a year,full bennies,  no exps.  If you didn't want to go to college, you could spend 5 years there and walk away with 200k.  Very few jobs out there where you could save 200k in 5 years, right out of school.( rather it be GED or PhD)  Only part that sucks is your always working and on the ship.  Still I'd trade 5 years working to put 200k in the bank.

That brings me to my next point... never trust an ROC officer...  but I'm sure you already know that.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2009, 02:42:38 PM »
"That brings me to my next point... never trust an ROC officer...  but I'm sure you already know that."

;D READ AND UNDERSTAND CLEARLY BEFORE SIGNING !!!!!  ;D

deamonpi

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 04:52:40 PM »
there are some positions in which a GED is NOT enough.  sure you get into whichever service you want with a GED, but not necessarily the position.  Which graduation requirement (GED, Diploma or nothing) and ASVAB score are good predictors of performance in the various gov't services.  I am sure she has her eye on a particular specialty in which a GED will not let her qualify for the specialty.  So yeah a GED is good enough to get into the particular service but...
Damasureta ho ga warui
(The decieved were wrong)

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 05:22:42 PM »
Isn't there some sort of High School Equivolency test for home schoolers? If there wasn't, how do so many of them get into universities. I personally know of 3  individuals in 3 different universities.
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk