Author Topic: CO student suspended 10 days for wooden drill rifles  (Read 20125 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: CO student suspended 10 days for wooden drill rifles
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2009, 05:26:13 PM »
Isn't there some sort of High School Equivolency test for home schoolers? If there wasn't, how do so many of them get into universities. I personally know of 3  individuals in 3 different universities.

Schools don't really look at the HS transcipts... they look at test scores(sat, act) and the entrance eassay. 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Thanos

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2009, 07:32:19 PM »
Yes, ZERO Tolerance.........for administrators who don't want to HAVE to actually MAKE an EDUCATED DECISION.

Like the situation I had posted about before where a kid in a nearby county was kicked out of school six weeks before graduation for having a steak knife (left over from a camping trip) in the bed of his pickup during a routine parking lot check.
He was an honor student that was in the running for Valedictorian and was booted due to a zero tolerance policy, with no opportunity for an appeal. His only options were to return the next school year and repeat the classes he needed to graduate, or settle for a GED.
Boy this kind of idiocy burns my ass worse than a 3' high fire.

This one I would have fought with a
AMENDMENT IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

both had resonable expectations of privacy.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2009, 07:34:35 PM »
if it was a in plane site, it does not matter.

deamonpi

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2009, 08:15:25 PM »
there is often an exception for minors on school grounds as the school is considered to be a proxy guardian during school hours. 

As for the guy in the AF academy there are always waivers, and that is what alf's acquaintance was admitted under.  And I am sure this person can, and may be, admitted with, a waiver, if she decides not to pursue her diploma.
Damasureta ho ga warui
(The decieved were wrong)

bushk2

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 03:23:26 PM »
what is the school's policy on hockey sticks and baseball bats?

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 05:45:46 PM »

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 04:25:40 PM »
The whole damned world is full of total idiots with absolutely no common sense.... >:(

"I'd like to take a "legal" baseball bat to all of them...

( as you can tell.. I have about had my belly full of frickin stupid rules and regulations that don't make a lick of sense! )
stupid stupid stupid!!!
No wonder people snap and start committing harry carry...........

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

tombogan03884

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 04:50:42 PM »
Just got done listening to MB's podcast, He wasn't impressed either.

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2009, 07:29:33 PM »
well anyone with 1/4 brain wouldn't be either.............

Doesn't ANYONE anymore that holds any kind of executive position have the ability to think for themselves and  have the balls to actually wonder about the stupid  go with the flow of the almighty rule book group decisions that are made?

My god.. It really takes a total moron to NOT be able to make a common sense decision based on each individual  circumstance.

There I go again. I have ranted and raved off and on all day long...
 sighhhhhhhhhhhhh... back to my cage........... 8)
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2009, 07:43:48 PM »
Don't feel bad, its not just schools, its also in health care.

My great uncle passed away the end of last year.  While dieing of colon cancer, going thru withdarwls from methadone( which he was on for pain)  he made the comment, " I want to die"  which anyone with have a brain would realize that the comment was said do to the state he was in.  Well guess what, they "51-50" him( in CA all it takes is 2 docs to say your nuts and you lose your rights, no court, no nothing... yeah its bull SHIT), put him on a 3 day hold and made him a prohibated person.   So I had to fly there and take "possesion" of all his guns.  After 24 hour in the county lunny ben( LA county at that...)  the doctors there released him.  he died before we got his prohibated statis removed. 

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2009, 01:47:48 AM »
I was thinking today ( yes it hurts to )  about sending a letter to the admin of the school
( I posted this in another thread here )

( I will also send an email to the Administration if you have any email address)

To the Administration of Cherokee Trail High School

I am saddened to hear that Marie Morrow has been suspended

from my understanding she was suspended for having Military Drill Practice equipment in her car that was Parked off Campus grounds
and was suspended as they were deemed dangerous weapons.  I can not understand how Drill Practice Props are considered to be dangerous weapons.

this is appalling,  Miss Morrow is a pillar of the community and should be applaud for getting out there by being apart of the Douglas County Young Marines
you may not know that the Douglas County Young Marines is a group dedicated to teaching leadership and life skills.   something that will no doubt make her an exceptional student for your school  in a time when discipline in a lot of people is lacking.

the school should be proud to have a student in Miss Morrow,  she is a roll model for other students not going down the track of expelling this student, which will reunion her chance to finish school and then stop her from getting in to Merchant Marine Academy

I urge you to reverse your decision and re-instate  Miss Morrow back into the school

Regards
Phil 

or something like that
also if anyone wants to use that or edit it for there letters please feel free to    and let me know what you think

Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk