Author Topic: CO student suspended 10 days for wooden drill rifles  (Read 20127 times)

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: CO student suspended 10 days for wooden drill rifles
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2009, 05:10:37 AM »
hmmmm

just saw this on there web site

CTHS is dedicated to achieving the district mission to inspire every student to think, to learn, to achieve, and to care.  Our school mission captures the essence of our unique approach:

"Our actions will ignite the genius and nurture the goodness within us all."

Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

Thanos

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2009, 07:11:21 PM »
if it was a in plane site, it does not matter.

That is why you have tinted windows. ;)
I think you meant plain sight, as in visible to the unaided eye in clear view. Rather than "plane site" meaning location for keeping aircraft or wood leveling equipment.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2009, 07:21:09 PM »
That is why you have tinted windows. ;)
I think you meant plain sight, as in visible to the unaided eye in clear view. Rather than "plane site" meaning location for keeping aircraft or wood leveling equipment.

OK....now I'm officially cracked up..........  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Thanos

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2009, 08:24:40 PM »
OK....now I'm officially cracked up..........  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Read the book Eats Shoots and Leaves, you will find that funny.

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2009, 09:28:48 PM »
 ;D Hey I just found a picture of that districts Superintendent!
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 09:16:27 PM »

jlc

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2009, 01:14:56 PM »
Actually it all fits, Bonehead rules made up by Bonehead administrations for Bonehead administrators to inforce.. What else might they have to do to make themselves feel important. Certainaly not educate our children ! ::)
P.S. Notice the common denominator here, Duh  ;D
US Army Veteran 1962-68,  NRA Endowment Life,  Buckeye Firearms Assoc.

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2009, 04:05:08 PM »
Surprisingly, it looks like some common sense has prevailed.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11698834

Aurora student avoids expulsion over fake guns

Marie Morrow is heading back to class after the superintendent of the Cherry Creek School District decided that she has paid enough for bringing fake rifles to school.

"I'm just glad to be back in school and have this whole thing over with," said Morrow, a senior at Cherokee Trail High School in Aurora. "I expected to get the minimum sentence, which is what they did."

Morrow was suspended Feb. 5 after other students saw the props in her vehicle and notified school officials.

Morrow is commander of the drill team of the Douglas County Young Marines, which teaches leadership and life skills.

The group practices at Lutheran High School in Parker and has been preparing for a national drill-team competition in April at the Air Force Academy. Morrow said she didn't realize she had taken the fake rifles to school with her.

Morrow will be going back to school Wednesday because Monday is Presidents Day and Tuesday is a scheduled day off for everyone. In the meantime, she plans to catch up on her homework.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk