Author Topic: GAS PRICES!  (Read 32793 times)

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: GAS PRICES!
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 09:51:15 PM »
$ 3.39 or so here.

Honestly, I hardly look anymore.  I've got to get from point A to point B and that requires gass.  I cut back driving when I can, but I've got to do what I've got to do.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 10:25:00 PM »
3.68 gal for Reg here
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 11:57:02 PM »
paid $3.78 today... I was not happy.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2011, 03:28:46 AM »
Guys you are really making me not feel sorry for you.
Price here at the bowser as of today for 91 octane is 1.50 per Litre. Now for the carry the one minus the arab and cross my dot conversion it means that 1 US gallon is equiv to 3.78 litres. (3.78 x 1.50 = 5.67) or $5.67 per gallon. Given at this very moment the US dollar has rebounded slightly and is now worth about 1.012 to the aussie dollar that means our Gas per gallon is $5.74 US per gallon.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 06:54:03 AM »
1 US gallon is equiv to 3.78 litres. (3.78 x 1.50 = 5.67) or $5.67 per gallon

hey sledge, how much of that price is the "tax"?

Last I checked, Fed taxes here are .57-.60 cents per gallon.

than there are state taxes which vary, like California.

The kicker is, there are oil deposits in this hemisphere, and the U.S, that rival the Mid East. All BHO has to do to lower the neurotic nature of the speculators and commodities mkts, is lift ALL moratoriums, and turn the folks loose to go get it.

If gas hits $5.00+/- here in the states, (which is what BHO wants), should make his re-election impossible. But he's a sly bastard. The Strategic Oil Reserves are 727,000,000 barrels. The U.S. averages 20,000,000 barrels a day.

(carry the one, subtract the rotation of the Earth, add a sunny day,.........about 34-36 days) than were dried up. We shouldn't even consider tapping any of it.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:56:18 PM »

seeker_two

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 07:10:21 AM »
Why, yes....I'm the right-wing extremist Obama warned you about... ;D

I just wish Texas was as free and independent as everyone thinks it is...   :'(

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2011, 07:19:56 AM »

Last I checked, Fed taxes here are .57-.60 cents per gallon.

than there are state taxes which vary, like California.

The kicker is, there are oil deposits in this hemisphere, and the U.S, that rival the Mid East. All BHO has to do to lower the neurotic nature of the speculators and commodities mkts, is lift ALL moratoriums, and turn the folks loose to go get it.

If gas hits $5.00+/- here in the states, (which is what BHO wants), should make his re-election impossible. But he's a sly bastard. The Strategic Oil Reserves are 727,000,000 barrels. The U.S. averages 20,000,000 barrels a day.

(carry the one, subtract the rotation of the Earth, add a sunny day,.........about 34-36 days) than were dried up. We shouldn't even consider tapping any of it.

federal taxs are 18 cents at the pump.  in ca there is also a 17 cent tax.

its the futures and options market that is driving up the price.  supply and demand has some roll to play, but not much.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2011, 07:42:00 AM »

38.1 cents per litre excise tax per litre + 10% GST

so 38.1 x 3.7 for your tax per gallon equivalent not including the GST component
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2011, 10:38:31 AM »
$3.39 to $3.49 here in NE Ohio.  Funny thing is, that is the range within 1/8 mile!  Doesn't normally happen that way.  Usually when one sets the price they all follow within 1 mile radius.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1056
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2011, 10:51:58 AM »

federal taxs are 18 cents at the pump.  in ca there is also a 17 cent tax.

its the futures and options market that is driving up the price.  supply and demand has some roll to play, but not much.

They stabbing ya for a little more than .17 cents, buddy.... ....about .35 cents for state excise tax and another .10 cents state/local sales tax.......according to the link below.

http://energyalmanac.ca.gov/gasoline/margins/index.html
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk