Author Topic: H&K 45's  (Read 4407 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
H&K 45's
« on: April 30, 2008, 10:28:10 PM »
Anyone got a lowdown on any of those H&K 45's that are out there?  There is one with a 6.2" barrel I'm lookin' at...as well as the other USP models.  Thought it might be nice to have a 6 inch barrel...a little bit more sight radius for target shooting.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: H&K 45's
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 06:30:10 AM »
They go boom and they're expensive!
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 06:48:40 AM »
They go boom and they're expensive!
They are expensive!  I'm selling my bass boat (I hope) so.....I may have an H&K 45 and an Armalite Supersass in my future....supressed, of course!  Which is why I'm asking about the H&K's here...I don't want to get something I'll be disappointed with and the people on this board always have some great input into making a decision....

Then again...this H&K thing has been a want ever since the PS9...maybe I should wait until I see a target model in 45 on one of the gun auction sites?

Neon Knight Anubis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 07:16:49 AM »
USP 45cal or the HK45? I'm hearing a lot of good things on the new model, I hope to shoot one myself when I get back.
We'll know for the first time
If we're evil or divine
We're the last in line

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 08:08:30 PM »
USP 45cal or the HK45? I'm hearing a lot of good things on the new model, I hope to shoot one myself when I get back.

NKA...you've heard morre than I hve.  I'm zeroing in on the USP 45a Elite (6.2" bbl long slide) or the 45 USP Tactical.
So...whaddya' think?

Ken

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:59:33 PM »

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 10:16:17 PM »
LIke I said, they go boom and they're expensive. I've handled the big long pistol. I like it but it's really heavy. For that kind of size, weight, and money, I might be tempted to go STI or one of the other longslide 1911s. Price is the same and you get more metal and better aesthestics.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

MikeO

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 11:46:01 AM »
Have had the USP45, USP45 compact, and tried the MK23 MOD O.

Tried the new HK45 and HK45C LEM (DAO) versions last year at the SPOTC at Kirtland AFB in NM. Liked 'em, preferred the HK45C (compact). Look and feel much better than previous HK45s. Think of the HK45 as a 45 version of the P30, and the HK45C as the 45 version of the P2000.

Patiently waited, traded away some Glocks and 1911s for two (2) new HK45Cs V1 (DA/SA w safety/decocker thumb lever).

About 7x5 inches w 3.9 inch bbl, 8/10 shots (w extended sleeve mag; uses same 8 round mags as the USP45c, same 10 round mags as the HK45. Fits in Blackhawk CQC for HK P30.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 08:36:37 PM »
Thanks MikeO.  You and NKA have steered me to the path of enlightenment.  I will get one of the new models when the time comes.  I had a Gunbroker order outstanding and was going to upgrade...best not to.  I really need to wait for one of the smaller grips to fit my hand.

Hey....any way you can get us some time on the runways after the prairie dogs out there?  A 17 HMR would be sweet on their behinds.  And, I bet, noise wouldn't bother them.  Whaddya' say?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk