Author Topic: 3D Printer Laser Engraver for Christmas  (Read 2810 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
Re: 3D Printer Laser Engraver for Christmas
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2023, 10:04:00 AM »
100 rounds of Win 115gr through my P365 with the O-light laser/light and it's still tight and alignment of the laser didn't change.

Onward now.  EGADS, I've become such a gamer.  Not on Les's level but still I'm a shadow of my former go-lucky self.

With the new P365, and the weapon mounted light, the next problem is how to get empty magazines to eject quickly without aid.   IDPA BUG divisions allows you to add up to 1.5oz base pads, which I've ordered.  My next idea was to glue small tungston rods to the floor plate for added weight, however, not that anybody would check, it's illegal to add weight for weight's sake.  But I got thinking if I could get the mag spring a little tighter so that the follower pushed against the slide a little bit more to make ejection quicker and easier.  Remember these are 10 round mags but IDPA only allow 6 rounds in BUG.   WAIT!  Hold the presses!  I have a 3D printer.   

Designed a new floor plate that takes up about 20mm or about the same as 2 rounds.  And Oh Yeah.  An empty mag jumps out of the gun and this is with a plastic base plate wait until I add the 1oz base plates.  Pictured below is the original SIG floor plate and my new improved IDPA competition plate.

This along with my mag holders.   I downloaded a design but it was for 15 rounders.  I shortened it by an inch, reversed it to use for left side and added weep holes in the bottom.   The picture below shows the right side prototype along with my final design.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2023, 11:05:10 AM »
And just when I think, "Okay, I'm done printing for a while."

Primer flippers.   AH HA.  All the commercial ones are just a tad smaller than I like when flipping Federal Primers.   By tonight I'll have one that's JUST RIGHT.

Also I can print replacement "fingers" for the bottom of the Hornaday primer pickup tube.
Also I found a better mount for my Primer Out micro switch.
Also looking at various flipper-tube loader combinations.
Also have printed film holder for BAC.

GAD I LOVE THIS THING.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

BAC

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2023, 11:24:27 AM »
And just when I think, "Okay, I'm done printing for a while."

Primer flippers.   AH HA.  All the commercial ones are just a tad smaller than I like when flipping Federal Primers.   By tonight I'll have one that's JUST RIGHT.

Also I can print replacement "fingers" for the bottom of the Hornaday primer pickup tube.
Also I found a better mount for my Primer Out micro switch.
Also looking at various flipper-tube loader combinations.
Also have printed film holder for BAC.

GAD I LOVE THIS THING.

Thanks!  Can’t wait to try it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk