Author Topic: Episode 7: Rob Pincus' gun  (Read 11367 times)

Hottrockin

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Be wise, use every advantage!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Episode 7: Rob Pincus' gun
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 06:25:18 PM »
Tons of thanks for the thought and clarifications guys!!  Always appreciate the comments / replies and I understand!!  I always take something away from your knowledge and understandings.

The wife & I love the show and its presentation of AKAP (avoidance, knowledge, awareness and preparedness).  I’m tryin’ to get her, my wife, to understand, retain and work on it more…but she’s a blonde and a chick, its tough!!  Shhh, don’t say I said that…it’s between us only!!    :o

WE can’t wait till next week!!  Keep up the grand work!!
NRA Member

L.E. Keeney

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 03:43:40 PM »
Gents

I admit that last year, when I purchased my 9mm first generation P99, it was because it was 007's gun. However, once I really began to work with it and get some range time, I realized I liked it as much, or just a little more than my Glock 19. The big problem is, the doggone magazines for it are over $50 most places.

It is just more ergonomic for me than my Glock folks. ..More people need to try this piece out..trust me, you'll dig it as much as I do.

Rob Pincus

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
    • I.C.E. Training Company
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 08:42:11 PM »
...and as another plus, they generally fit into Glock 9/40 family holsters...

dnittler

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2009, 01:36:58 AM »

Going to the ready position a little earlier than I would standing on the street is very real. I'm still in the car and the gun is still concealed by the door, etc... so it is very different that a brandishing situation that might happen (with potential negative escalation) if I drew "early" in a different scenario.

-RJP

Very good point.

Drawing in your car is not the same as drawing on the street. If I am wearing IWB, and things start to get "wierd, " and driving away isn't feasible, I will "draw." Techincally all I am doing is removing my gun from it's holster and moving it to a more accessable place (under newspaper on console or some such. It can't be considered brandishing if nobody can see it.

If I know I am going to be spending alot of time in the car I will typically wear a Glock 26 in an Alessi ankle rig. If waiting in the car for the wife to finish shopping, I will very often uncover the weapon (but leave it holstered). I have practiced that draw, and it is incredibly easy as compared to an IWB while seated and buickled in, so I can wait a little longer to draw using that setup.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk