alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Slogans
« on: October 10, 2022, 09:03:04 AM »
Saw the Space Force logo on the USAF Academy football team jerseys.  Semper Supra.  Cheesy. Neat story though about the enlisted Airman who created  it and the music.  But why would the Air Force be wearing the Space Force’s logo?  They are different branches of the service now.  It’s not unlike them wearing Anchors Away.  When I was in it was Semper Gumby.  Always Flexible.  Though many felt it should be more Semper Eeyore. Always Grumpy.

I have a registered production company, Sauve Productions, that my sons and I use to produce events periodically.  The motto is Rent Curtain, a reference to when the curtain around the Ark was torn, rent, when Christ died, symbolically connecting God and Man.  I’d hoped to produce faith based plays. (We have done so, along with weddings, commercial videos, and banquets.)

I saw a neat logo, in English, this weekend and decided adopt it, but being all snooty I want it in Latin.  There are though many choices in Latin for what I want to convey.  So let me try this out.  What do you think it means?

PETO DIEM

And yes I know Peto is the PetCo or Chewy in Australia.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: Slogans
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 10:25:58 AM »
Maybe a better Latin word usage would be:

INVADO DIEM
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 576
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 05:41:13 PM »
So I got attack/usurp.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 07:08:34 AM »
Someone should tell those astronuts that space isn't above Earth, it surrounds Earth. There is no up or down in space. Your perspective varies depending on if you're on the "floor", "ceiling", "wall", or none of those.

As soon as I saw "Slogans" I thought Semper Gumby, Always Flexible. So we were on the same page at the beginning. Not being a Latin speaker, I was with you right up to diem:)  Invado sounds like invade, but I looked online and one of the meanings is attack, so, attack the day. Go on Alf. Do it! Someone should, and it won't be me. I've been online for 6 days straight, I think, and the only thing I'll be attacking is my mattress, eventually. Rght now I'm in too much pain to sleep, but I have a variety of liquors I could use to dull the pain, and may try that after I finish eating.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk