Author Topic: looking for a lower parts kit.  (Read 22300 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
looking for a lower parts kit.
« on: April 16, 2013, 12:21:05 PM »
so I am going to build up one of my cmmg lowers, any recomendations on lower parts kits?   I am bored lol.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

DanPatWork

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: looking for a lower parts kit.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 04:25:03 PM »
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/lower-parts/build-kits.html

finished my first build a couple weeks ago with the basic LPK. PSA  has been in and out of stock intermittently the last couple of months.
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 04:41:37 PM »
so I am going to build up one of my cmmg lowers, any recomendations on lower parts kits?   I am bored lol.
Damn TAB, you are a lucky man! Hot wife, great job, a new home in a free state. Now you ask about lowers on exactly the right day. How about a complete RRA lower with a two stage national match trigger and an ARFX stock for $450 shipped? PM me for details.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 05:23:17 PM »
Tab, at this stage of the game you might not have a choice!!!!!!

Richard

FQ, he needs a lower parts KIT!
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 05:33:37 PM »
Fq I have strip lowers  I bought years ago as a just in case deal.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:27:12 PM »

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 06:51:36 PM »
When I built my POF lower, I went Bushmaster lower parts kit,...yes they all work, FWIW, the single stage trigger is damn crisp. for only a couple bucks more than a standard lower parts kit.

Please consider a free float barrel and not the Delta Ring,....so many more options depending on your application.

The wonderful part of a build is being a brand whore....Miculek or Titan Comp. rails, Bravo Company BCG, Larue Tactical Firing Pin, Get the M4 feed ramps, Mil-Spec not Commercial, choose your barrel, (I went Colt HBAR Heavy), Unless your making an AR for anything other than it was designed for, it is the Barbie for guys....

If it's just a beater, get the DPMS Lower kit, choose an upper, (I prefer a flat-top) and roll.....Easy enough to make it happen.

OBTW, When are you leaving Kalifornia?
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 08:53:09 PM »
I think Palmetto State Armory has some in stock and they've got a pretty good rep at reasonable prices. But I've never shot any of their stuff.

DanPatWork

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 06:11:04 AM »

The PSA lower appears comparable to all of the lowers I have drooled/fondled at the gun shows. The finish isn't quite as nice as my BCM but it will do the job no problem. The lower parts kit has no visible difference to any of the components of the BCM.  Other than having faith in the advertisers claims I don't think you can tell a difference. The basic six position mil-spec carbine stock is marked with  palmetto label just an fyi for the purists.

Function is no problem, and PSA is showing a preview of their torture test on their Youtube feed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8teWlhw6Yc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 03:54:55 PM »
i am actually thinking about doing something kind of nuts with it like chambering it for a real odd ball.  I am kind? Of thinking about something like 9x25 dillon.    you know something that I can be assured I am the only guy crazy enough to have one.   I thought about the 17 rem, but I already have a load worked up for my bolt gun and don't want to sort  the brass.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 04:29:12 PM »
ok doing some googling... Look like I already started a thread that ended up with a 9x25 dillon ar    lol   I knew I got the idea somewhere.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk