Author Topic: Aimpoint Pro (Patrol Rifle Optic)  (Read 4261 times)

rifleman88

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Aimpoint Pro (Patrol Rifle Optic)
« on: January 20, 2014, 10:52:14 PM »

I've read a number of f gun forums lately. Why so many people like this? I know the price is quite reasonable for a decent optic. Any other reasons why, only from personal experience please.-  http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Accessories/AR-15_Scope_Rings/AIM-12841.html

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
Re: Aimpoint Pro (Patrol Rifle Optic)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 03:19:47 PM »
Lady Bic has an AimPoint PRO on her lefty Stag AR and loves it (apart from not being able to fit it exactly where she wanted it due to the knurled fasteners getting in the way of her upwardly raising dust cover, but as a normal person this shouldn't bother you!) I've shot it and it's remarkably clear, bright and fast. I have nothing to compare it to in the range of cheaper red-dots, for example those from Primary Arms, which may do just as good a job for all I know. The AimPoint brand should have a much better re-sale value  should that be necessary at some point?

my $0.02
Best Wishes, Mike.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 09:44:41 PM »
not particularly aimed at AimPoint or any manufacturer, but if you have any astigmatism, check the actual sight you plan on purchasing... I do not see a round dot with any of the dot scopes, regardless of cost...I wear corrected mono vision lenses in my shooting glasses

NoBite

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 06:06:46 PM »
Les, you make an excellent point. What optic would you consider if the red dot is not a dot because of an astigmatism?

Sent using Tapatalk HD
Live every day like it's your last; 'cause one day you're gonna be right.
- Ray Charles

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 10:59:11 PM »
NoBite...I'm retired and single, so I can get pretty much what I want... I shoot a Trijicon TA31F (red chevron) on my primary game gun which is a 16" mid with A1 stock, and a TA44 (1.5x16 amber triangle) on my lightweight carbine which is a 16" carbine with pencil barrel... I shot a Bushnell Holosight for the North Carolina matches Kyle Lamb put on, but when we started shooting the Ft Benning matches with 415m shots, switched first to a older TA01 and later to the TA31F... the holographic sight worked fairly well with my 3.75/4.00 astigmatism, but not the dots... when the distances got beyond 200m, I went for the magnification

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:45:13 AM »

NoBite

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 07:22:16 PM »
Thanks, Les!

Sent using Tapatalk HD
Live every day like it's your last; 'cause one day you're gonna be right.
- Ray Charles

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk