Author Topic: Rem 700 One Piece Scope Mount  (Read 7167 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 582
Rem 700 One Piece Scope Mount
« on: May 03, 2014, 09:19:04 AM »
I am wanting to put a scope on a Remington 700 Tactical.  I hate having to go "through a middle man"...even with my scopes.

I am planning on one of the new Burris XTR II in 34 MM.  34MM is part of the problem...the other is a 20 MOA cant for distance and finally, most importantly is getting a one piece ring (both rings connected by a strip of metal) that mounts directly on the receiver and not on picatinny.

So if I put a picatinny on the receiver and the scope ring set on the picatinny I've just added a failure point with the picatinny.  OK...not much I know but I don't want the picatinny because I'm really good friends with Mr. Murphy. 

So, I've searched but just in case, does anyone know of 34mm one piece rings that mount directly on a Remington 700 receiver with a 20 MOA cant?  It's for a 308 action so not a long action.

PS The last two mid-dot scopes I've gotten were the FFP Bushnells which I really like.  I'll let you know how the Burris stands up in comparison if I can find rings for it....otherwise back to the FFP Bushnells.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Rem 700 One Piece Scope Mount
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 09:33:42 AM »
Have you tried nightforce?  They make a lot of one piece bases with cant, but they are spendy, like $200.  Might want to google them.  Why one piece? 2 piece provide more even clamping, atleast if they are installed correctly.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 01:41:52 PM »
Nightforce has this along with other mounts. http://nightforceoptics.com/accessories/direct-mount/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 08:06:47 AM »
Try Ken Ferrell. He produces a multitude of rings and bases in both steel and Aluminum, with most any cant you wish, to fit most any rifle. His products are top shelf all the way. If you don't see what you're looking for, he can custom manufacture most anything you wish.

http://www.kenfarrell.com/

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 582
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 06:46:55 AM »
Thanks for the Nightforce info and link Tab & Jfrank.  I didn't see a 34MM tube on the link but I'll check it out tonight after work. Billt all I saw were picatinny bases and two piece rings...but I'll email him.

I am anal to the point of honing my scope rings once they are on the rifle.  Whenever I do that, I always seem to have better performance on my scopes for retaining point of aim throughout the power ratings.  So...what I like about the one piece rings is that both rings are on bases that are connected which I think makes them more stable.  I have some one piece 30MM rings with a Bushnell FFP on a Rock River 308 and it tracks great with the mil-dot and power changes throughout power settings and distance changes so...there you go. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:25:33 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk