Author Topic: Primary Arms Ultimate Weapon Light  (Read 11015 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Primary Arms Ultimate Weapon Light
« on: February 28, 2015, 12:34:46 PM »
http://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_Ultimate_Weapon_Light_Gen_2_BLACK_p/pawl-2bk.htm

I ordered one of these and it came yesterday. I'm really impressed with the quality. Especially for the price, ($89.99). It's all machined anodized Aluminum, and has the new version Cree T-6 LED that is rated at 450 Lumens. It's delivered to run on 3, CR-123A batteries, (included), but if you wish you can remove the section with the wrench flats and it will run on just 2 cells. It produces the same lumen brightness, just not for as long. This is in case you want a shorter light, depending on your application, or preferences. I left mine set up for 3 cells. It has a 1-1/2" diameter bezel.

The nice thing about this light is the mount it comes with. It is removable if you wish, but as delivered it mounts nice and solid to any Picatinny rail in seconds. No Mickey Mouse rings or mounts to buy. I put mine on my Bushmaster M-4, and it's a nice set up. I thought I might want to get a 45 degree offset mount, but it mounts just perfect to the side rail on the forend, and doesn't interfere with the handling of the gun.

This light is really bright as hell! It has a really intense center hot beam with just enough spill over to give you a really bright cone of light. I went out in the backyard last night with the dog to test it, and it turns night into day. It had no problem illuminating my neighbors 80 ft. tall palm tree 100+ yards away. The reflector is Chrome plated metal, not that ripple like plastic you see so much of. All of the threaded connections are double O-Ring sealed.

It comes with a push on / off switch on the back, and you can order it with a pressure pad switch for $20 more and they'll include both. I didn't because I didn't want any cords or wires on my gun. The rear button is easy to access. I've been looking for a good weapon light, and I didn't feel like paying $500.00+ for a Surefire. This light fits the bill nicely. It is Chinese, but with that said it comes with a 1 year warranty. And Primary Arms is good to deal with, and has great customer service. If you're looking for a nice bright, well made weapon light for the money, don't hesitate to go with this one from Primary Arms. I'm going to get a couple more for my other AR's. They come in black, and flat dark earth if you prefer. The anodizing is very evenly applied, and has consistent color with no "chalkiness" some anodized finishes have. The only thing I'm going to add is one of those Butler Creek Flip Up Scope Lens Covers for the front, to protect the lens and keep it clean.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Primary Arms Ultimate Weapon Light
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 03:12:11 PM »
Looks like a nice setup. Night-time coyote hunting is screaming for something like this!  ;D
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 04:47:02 PM »
Especially if one could adapt a red filter to it.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 06:43:38 AM »
Some months back when I started this thread, I purchased a new Primary Arms Gen II Weapon Light. I was extremely satisfied with both it's construction, as well as it's performance. This light is extremely robust in it's manufacture, and very bright. It comes with a very sturdy, built in mounting system, that mounts right up to any standard Picatinny Rail system with 2 thumb screws.

The other day I received an E-Mail from Primary Arms, and noticed they now have introduced their new Generation III Model. It was on sale for $69.00 from $89.99, so I immediately ordered one. This light is simply fantastic! The light itself is the same in appearance and construction as the Gen II Model. The difference is it now comes with the new Cree XM-L2 LED bulb that puts out and incredible 750 Lumens, and is one of the brightest in the industry. Up from the 450 Lumens of the Generation II model.

Last night I took it outside to test it out, and this weapon light literally turns night into day. They advertise a throw distance of 300 yards, and they're not kidding. I had zero problems completely illuminating a 40 foot tall palm tree at that distance, and even beyond. This light gives total illumination at that distance. To the point a person would have no problem engaging a target at that distance. I can't imagine how blinding it would be to be on the receiving end of this light. Especially at closer ranges.

The light comes with a standard push on, push off rear switch. Or it can be had with an optional pressure pad switch that can be mounted in your choice of places. These lights are manufactured in China. With that said, they possess very good quality for the price. Chinese goods have advanced today to the point where we now have both "good China", and "bad China". This is definitely high quality Chinese manufacturing. The anodized coating is very durable, and evenly applied. The light also has a removable mid section that reduces it to 2 cell from 3 cell. (CR-123-A batteries), if you want a smaller profile light. The light is the same brightness, but obviously has a longer run time in the 3 cell configuration.

For anyone looking for a good, high quality weapon light, but don't like the idea of paying Surefire prices, I highly recommend this light. Primary Arms is very good to deal with, and you will not be disappointed in this light's quality, or it's performance. I should also mention it comes in Black, as well as Flat Dark Earth.

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-ultimate-weapon-light-gen-iii/p/kt-pawl-2bkgeniii/

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1110
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 12:58:35 PM »
My Streamlight Scorpion with a xenon bulb is only 78 lumens so the Primary Arms light would be nearly 10 times as bright. I knew there were much brighter weapons lights than regular flashlights but wow. The LED bulbs have come a long way in recent years.

P.S. With all of the reviews being 4 or 5 stars, mostly 5, I'm sure it's a great light.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:52:11 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 01:20:54 PM »
That's not a weapon light, silly Bill.

This is a weapon light !
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281867476354?ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 01:52:12 PM »
My Streamlight Scorpion with a xenon bulb is only 78 lumens so the Primary Arms light would be nearly 10 times as bright. I knew there were much brighter weapons lights than regular flashlights but wow. The LED bulbs have come a long way in recent years.

P.S. With all of the reviews being 4 or 5 stars, mostly 5, I'm sure it's a great light.

I find it literally shocking in two different ways, how far LED technology has come.

1.) In how extremely bright they have become, along with how little energy they consume, and how many thousands of hours they last.

2.) And how ignorant I've been in regards to not knowing about #1 until recently.

LED illumination is taking over, no question about it. And not only in weapon lighting. Home 110 volt LED bulbs are improving constantly. Becoming brighter, more energy efficient, and cheaper as well. The CFL market is shrinking, while the LED market is growing in leaps and bounds. This is because LED is getting all of the new technology. CFL's are pretty much dead in the water.

20 odd years ago these things had all they could do to illuminate the numbers on a digital watch or calculator. Now they can damn near blind you. And they keep improving all the time. Heated filament or gas bulbs are on the way out. I'm sure it won't be too much longer before they start taking over street and road lighting as well. Just imagine when, (not if), they replace all of the lighting on the Interstate Highway System nationwide, how much electrical energy will be saved.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 02:27:04 PM »
Remember the huge Carbon Arc spotlights that use to be hauled around on trailers?

We might not be there yet, but soon that power will be hand  held.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 03:05:53 PM »
Remember the huge Carbon Arc spotlights that use to be hauled around on trailers?

We might not be there yet, but soon that power will be hand  held.

Don't laugh. Look at what happed with computers.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 04:51:01 PM »
Don't laugh. Look at what happed with computers.

Not long ago I read an article that said if the Apollo Command Module and L.E.M. were built with todays computer technology, they would have almost twice the room inside, and over 10,000 times the computing power over what they had in 1969.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk