Author Topic: GSSF 2017  (Read 7293 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 576
Re: GSSF 2017
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2017, 10:09:54 AM »
re: shooting glasses... over the years, I've tried a variety of options, prescription up/down, poly carbonate, inserts, none of which worked well for me... those that worked the best for pistol (open sight) were mono vision with my near vision prescription only in my dominant eye, and bifocal in non dominant, with the partition line moved up 2mm... since switching to PCC I shoot with my regular bifocals as I actually see a round dot (I have pretty bad astigmatism) with the Vortex SPARC with the distant upper portion... I'm good to about 18yd when we shoot a 2 gun match (carbine/pistol) with the pistol, but have to lift my head for any precision distant pistol shot

Is Stephen Hawkings around to translate?   ;D
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: GSSF 2017
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2017, 10:43:02 AM »
Thank you Les...I'm starting to do that dance now. I might hit you up for more info in the future.
I have started asking every (older) shooter I see with glasses what works for them. Unfortunately, the answers are as varied as the quest you outlined.
The last guy did have the "reading" portion moved up a bit in the lens to maintain head position for pistol sights.
I might pursue the dominant eye-close RX, non-dominant-far RX route.

It would help if I had a bunch of money laying around....that Powerball lottery plan hasn't panned out.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk