Author Topic: Magnetic Holder  (Read 7570 times)

david86440

Re: Magnetic Holder
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 08:58:14 PM »
That is a great idea.

I have plenty of the magnets as I always take them apart before disposal and shatter the disks and keep the magnets.

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2009, 01:03:50 AM »
Doesn't one of Murphy's laws say "If It's Stupid but it WORKS it ain't stupid." I think it's a cool Idea! And I may have one of those magnets somewhere lying around...... May have to try that.....
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1111
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2009, 04:58:57 PM »
If you ever blow up a speaker the magnets in them work too. I even have some woofer magnets that will hold up a shotgun, but I like Alf's idea better.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 05:47:53 PM »
No, my church doesn't have MD at each entrance!  Back when Glocks first came out members attending Annual Conference at Lakeside Ohio (near Camp Perry) voted to approve a measure condemning "Plastic Pistols" Glocks in particular because the MSM hyped them as able to pass thru MD undetected.  This has never been removed from the books and I am sure some of us "Old Timers" who don't know any better still fear TT (Tactical Tupperware).

FWIW

Richard

PS:  Not putting down all UMCes just the Conference in my area.  My original post was poking fun at them!!!!!!!
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Woody

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 10:37:00 PM »
 I just made a Tactical Day Planner for my Springer SS Champ by laying down Velcro in the back and I ordered a ACORN Velcro holster [12.00] that sticks to carpet, etc for gun safes.  Just put some Velcro on the back of the night stand and your gun will go there and in the day planner. That's what I do.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:31:30 AM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 10:42:16 PM »
I just made a Tactical Day Planner for my Springer SS Champ by laying down Velcro in the back and I ordered a ACORN Velcro holster [12.00] that sticks to carpet, etc for gun safes.  Just put some Velcro on the back of the night stand and your gun will go there and in the day planner. That's what I do.

Nice application!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 01:18:52 PM »
Alf, does that magnet work as well with a revolver as it does an auto?
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

r_w

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 01:31:29 PM »
Alf, does that magnet work as well with a revolver as it does an auto?

As long as you have enough flat between the sights for the magnet. 
"Why are you carrying a pistol?  Expecting trouble?"

"No Maam.  If I was expecting trouble, I'd have a rifle."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk