Author Topic: Classic joke thread...  (Read 1367387 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
Re: Classic joke thread...
« Reply #5790 on: March 02, 2024, 06:56:20 PM »
We had weekly safety meetings when I worked for GM. When we got the whole "team concept" thing going, I ended up being the safety representative for my line. Once a week I grabbed a clipboard and walked around the area looking for safety hazards (that weren't named Frank ;)), and asked my teammates if they had anything to report. One day when it was raining, we didn't just have another leak in the roof and water pooling on the floor. Water was coming out of an electrical conduit that ended with a duplex outlet on the column, about 3' off the ground. It was like an episode of The Three Stooges happening in real life. I made a note of it on my clipboard and told my stupidvisor before I went back to work on the line. True story. I s**t you not.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #5791 on: March 03, 2024, 12:03:40 PM »
 :(
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1447
« Reply #5792 on: March 04, 2024, 10:26:48 AM »
One day when it was raining, we didn't just have another leak in the roof and water pooling on the floor. Water was coming out of an electrical conduit that ended with a duplex outlet on the column, about 3' off the ground. It was like an episode of The Three Stooges happening in real life. I made a note of it on my clipboard and told my stupidvisor before I went back to work on the line. True story. I s**t you not.

Interesting fact, PURE distilled water will not conduct electricity. It is the contaminants in the water that actually are responsible for the current of electricity.

https://www.sciencealert.com/after-centuries-scientists-have-finally-figured-out-how-water-conducts-electricity

The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #5793 on: March 04, 2024, 12:00:37 PM »
This I've known however from the article: 

"totally pure water, which is rarely found outside the lab"

Even rainwater is contaminated with pollution and will conduct electricity, the extent of which depends on the amount and kind of pollution.   So be careful

I read a bunch of news articles dealing with lightning strikes recently.

I’m trying to keep myself knowledgeable about current events.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1447
« Reply #5794 on: March 04, 2024, 01:23:20 PM »
This I've known however from the article: 

Even rainwater is contaminated with pollution and will conduct electricity, the extent of which depends on the amount and kind of pollution.   So be careful

I read a bunch of news articles dealing with lightning strikes recently.

I’m trying to keep myself knowledgeable about current events.

That is why I stated PURE water. I haven't tried it yet but I should do an experiment using distilled water and maybe a 9v battery and light!
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Sponsor

« Reply #5795 on: Today at 03:30:17 PM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5795 on: March 04, 2024, 02:34:15 PM »
I know, Jim.  What I should have emphasized the "rarely found outside the lab" part.

Use 120Vac and a low amp light bulb.  Say a 25W.  9V? Pashah.    Then maybe go 240V with two 120V bulbs in series. 

I did a pool chemical analysis on my tap water.  It has more chlorine than that recommended for backyard pools.   And I'm sure there were other "things" in there.

I was surprised when I saw a someone get struck by lightning.

They were shocked as well. 
Will work for ammo

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5796 on: March 04, 2024, 08:18:07 PM »
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5797 on: March 04, 2024, 08:19:54 PM »
An old hillbilly farmer had a wife who nagged him unmercifully. From morning till night (and sometimes later), she was always complaining about something. The only time he got any relief was when he was out plowing with his old mule......He tried to plow a lot.
One day, when he was out plowing, his wife brought him lunch in the field. He drove the old mule into the shade, sat down on a stump, and began to eat his lunch. Immediately, his wife began haranguing him again. Complain, nag, nag; it just went on and on. All of a sudden, the old mule lashed out with both hind feet; caught her smack in the back of the head. Killed her dead on the spot.
At the funeral several days later, the minister noticed something rather odd. When a woman mourner would approach the old farmer, he would listen for a minute, then nod his head in agreement; but when a man mourner approached him, he would listen for a minute, then shake his head in disagreement. This was so consistent, the minister decided to ask the old farmer about it.
So after the funeral, the minister spoke to the old farmer and asked him why he nodded his head and agreed with the women, but always shook his head and disagreed with all the men.
The old farmer said: "Well, the women would come up and say something about how nice my wife looked, or how pretty her dress was, so I'd nod my head in agreement."
"And what about the men?" the minister asked.
"They wanted to know if the mule was for sale."

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5798 on: March 05, 2024, 10:36:43 AM »

I used to wonder how lightning worked.

Then it struck me.
Will work for ammo