Author Topic: LOST MY GRANDFATHER LAST WEEK  (Read 9679 times)

PABLO DEL NORTE

• Active Forum Member
  • SHOULDA BEEN A COWBOY
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
LOST MY GRANDFATHER LAST WEEK
« on: June 02, 2010, 10:32:20 PM »
BEEN MIA WITH THE LOSS OF MY GRANDFATHER, JARRET WILLIAMS.  BORN IN OKLA. IN 1913, PASSED ON MAY 18th, 2010.
GREW UP IN THE GREAT DEPRESSION, HAD A GREAT LOVE FOR COUNTRY & WESTERN MUSIC, EVEN TAUGHT HIMSELF TO PLAY THE GUITAR! HE WAS A BIG JOHN WAYNE & GENE AUTRY FAN.  HIS BIGGEST PASSION WAS FISHING. HE COULD LAND
A FISH BEFORE THE REST OF US EVEN WET OUR LINES!! WE WILL MISS HIS ADVICE, ABILITY TO MAKE US LAUGH, BUT MOST OF ALL, HIS LOVE.

BAC

Re: LOST MY GRANDFATHER LAST WEEK
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 10:37:35 PM »
So sorry to hear of your loss.

bulldog75

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 10:41:26 PM »
Sorry.
Citizens sleep peacfully at night knowing that rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 05:29:45 AM »
Pablo, my condolences on your loss. He sounds like the kind of man whose life is to be celebrated with joy and thanksgiving, and recognition of the blessing he was to you and your family.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 09:27:59 PM »
Very sorry Pablo, sounds like he had a rich life, and a great son. I just found out my dad, is not doing well, but he was clear as a bell when I talked to him Sunday. I don't look forward to the future as his conditons worsen, but he was my best inspiration on hunting, although he was not much of a target shooter, practice before opening day of hunting season and that was it, used the 6 dollar box of 30/06 for 3-4 yrs. And he never missed. ;)
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:22:52 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »
Sorry to hear of your loss, Pablo.
Condolences to you and your family.

Peg
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

GUNS-R-US

• Top Forum Member
  • We must protect & defend our freedoms!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 11:32:24 PM »
Sorry to hear that! My prayer and best wishes for you and your family!!
Mike Kramer
NRA "Benefactor" Life Member 
2AF Life Member

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 02:03:29 AM »
I'm sorry about your grandpa... Keep the memories of him alive inside you forever.. And know he isn';t far from you ever..  :)

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 07:50:22 PM »
Very sorry Pablo, Grandfathers, are always a step above, and a patriarch of the family. They know, see, understand, and express many subtle things that don't catch up to us until years later.

I remember my Grandfather giving me his Bluejacket's Manual from his service in the Navy during WWII. He still remembered morse code with a ball point pen on the table, and tested me on it. Told me about his childhood in a 1 room farmhouse in Sapulpa, OK.
complete with outhouse, two sisters, cattle, horses, and even outlaws...

and like your Grandfather, could put a fish in the cooler before we were done tying our bait.

I'm sorry about your grandpa... Keep the memories of him alive inside you forever.. And know he isn';t far from you ever..  :)

This is absolutely correct.  Legacy of family, pass it on. In todays day and age, is even more important.

take care,

tw
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2010, 04:40:55 PM »
Sorry for your loss.

Prayers sent.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk