Author Topic: It Is Annual Thank a Firefighter Day  (Read 1359 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
It Is Annual Thank a Firefighter Day
« on: July 10, 2014, 01:12:38 PM »
And, today is a special 25th Anniversary Thank You!

If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: It Is Annual Thank a Firefighter Day
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 03:24:00 PM »
Thank you M58.

After the 9-11 attacks, we used to get folks coming up to us in the grocery store saying:
"You probably hear this all the time but thank you for your service".

I had 23 years on then and really hadn't heard it before except for once in a blue moon the family of a 'save' or the patient themselves would come by the station and thank us.

That pic with ONE guy wearing an SCBA would give todays Chiefs heartburn and get the FF and his supervisor a royal asschewing.
Safety attitudes and SOPs have changed a bunch in the last few decades...at least around here. 
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 05:37:43 PM »
Yes, thanks from me as well.

I have an old HS friend, our star QB, who's the Chief of one our home towns houses.  Gotta drop him a line soon..

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 07:21:09 AM »
I had 13 years in volunteer service, 6 as a chief officer and 2 as chief. I had a giant battle through the early 90's to make it mandatory to wear SCBA GOING INSIDE! A lot of old timers fought it tooth and nail. By the time I left the service in  1997 safety was finally #1 in our department.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 12:25:40 PM »
It's a heck of a job..my hat's off to them all.

Here is our younger son after a long day at a local agriculture facility structure fire (20,000 sq ft potato warehouse that was being used to store pallets and boxes).
He is a full-time firefighter as well as a volunteer with our local town.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:59:27 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk