Author Topic: Up And Coming: 9mm Carbine  (Read 17495 times)

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Up And Coming: 9mm Carbine
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 08:16:48 AM »
Tab, why is the MecTec  a nono in Californication?

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2013, 01:25:14 PM »
I have always liked the Hi-Point carbines in any caliber . Great reviews on reliability and performance . A gun smith / gun shop owner has one and he loves it. Cant beat the price either. Sometimes you have to give up looks for reliability. I mean just look at the Glock,  ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2013, 08:17:32 PM »
Too many evil features.   to make it legal you would need to take the flash hider and make the mag release "tool" operated( google bullet button)
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

ExurbanKevin

• Working on Gun Culture 2.1RC3
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • There are CZ's, and there's everything else
    • Ammoman.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2013, 08:59:27 PM »
Pistol-caliber carbines have been a bee in my bonnet for a while now. They range from the indescribably cheap (Hi-Point) to the barely adequate (Kel-Tec) to the ok (Beretta). There's just not a lot out there for less than a grand, and for a grand, I can a decent AR.

The new Legac 9mm M1 Carbine intrigues me, as it's a proven platform with a bunch of accessories and takes Beretta mags, for under a grand.
I can't understand people who think banning guns makes them safer. They must also believe that banning books makes them smarter.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2013, 08:24:10 AM »
There's just not a lot out there for less than a grand, and for a grand, I can a decent AR.

That's why I bought a 9 MM AR. All of the mags, (Colt or Uzi style), hold 32 rounds, (10, 15 and 20 rounders are available), they aren't expensive, they're easy to obtain, and they function well. It's better to spend a few hundred more and get something you're going to be happy with, than settle for something that doesn't light your fire and only makes a few sparks, then dies out.

I was in the same boat that many here have commented about. I looked at the Beretta, and to me it looked like a cheap toy. Too much plastic. I don't believe the Just Right Carbine was out yet. If it was I hadn't heard or read about it. So after checking into 9 MM AR-15's, I went with a Rock River Arms 9 MM over the Colt.

It ran a couple hundred less at the time, but what swung me was the fact the Rock River Arms lower was milled solid as a dedicated 9 MM. I didn't care for the pressed in mag well block Colt uses. The Rock River seemed more solid in that regard. They take Colt style magazines, and there are a lot of manufacturers who make them. Colt, C-Products, (the best from a quality vs. value standpoint), Pro-Mag, and a bunch more I'm forgetting.

It's been almost 3 years since I bought it, and I'm glad I did. It runs like a scalded dog with most any type of 9 MM ammunition, from standard cheap Ball to the high performance defense stuff. If you get one just be sure to buy a Uplula Mag Loader, or you'll bust your fingers loading the mags to full capacity.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:35:57 PM »

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2013, 11:35:56 AM »
I went with the bushmaster AR 9 carbine. Love it.
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2013, 12:00:13 PM »
I went with the bushmaster AR 9 carbine. Love it.

I didn't even know Bushmaster had one. When did they come out with it? Can you post some pics?

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2013, 12:16:23 PM »
Here's a link, I don't have any real pics of mine handy. I'm not sure when they came out but I've had mine for a few years. I had an ASA 9 carbine that would not work at all, jammed every few rounds. Dumped it and got the bushy. I have never had any type of failure with it yet. Of course some people will poo poo the fact that it's not a metal frame but it's basically a toy so no biggie to me. I put one of those Bushnell, wanna be ACOG's, on it and it works pretty slick.

http://www.bushmaster.com/electronic-documents/TechSheets/Carbon%2015%20Model%20PDFs/C15%209mm%20Carbine-Coml%20TS.pdf
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2013, 01:01:28 PM »
I forgot about the Carbon 15, 9 MM. My wife has had a Carbon 15 in .223 for several years now. Good running little pistol, that's a blast to shoot.

DanPatWork

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2013, 01:08:52 PM »
After weighing in earlier on this thread some research brought me around to the Lone Wolf G9.

They don't show in stock right now but look pretty appealing.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/products.aspx?CAT=288

I'm still drawn to a glock mag feed platform. My Glock mags have been the most reliable feeding system to any firearm I own, with pmags coming in a close second.
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk