Author Topic: Up And Coming: 9mm Carbine  (Read 17494 times)

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
Re: Up And Coming: 9mm Carbine
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2014, 01:21:26 PM »
The Thureon Defense carbine looked good until I saw the price. I have more of a Hi-Point budget. You can get 3 HPs for the price of one TD.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

DanPatWork

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2014, 08:30:19 AM »

It's been a bit since we've talked about this topic.  I wanted to throw another .02 in here and say I have found a keeper. Its not in the hi-point price range by any means, but I am a firm believer you get what you pay for. I found the carbine that met my requirements of 9mm, ar style platform, and gock mag feed system. Anyone out there from Glock listening? Glock has been late to the party on a few things and I think it has cost them some lost sales. I'm sure if they catch up the diehards will still buy, but I digress.

I chose to go with the Lone Wolf and couldnt be happier. The price set me back a bit so an optic will have to wait, but for now the inexpensive mbus sights do the job for range time. Only one hiccup/misfeed in the first 200 rounds and that was my fault. I didnt have the mag seated correctly. Funny thing is it functioned for 3 rounds fine before it couldn't strip a fresh round from the mag. This was on the second mag through the gun. The gun has been completely consistent since. Busy schedules, work, and ammo restrictions are currently limiting further range time, but I'm extremely happy with its function and accuracy.  100 yard range on a 10" plate with my old eyes over and over again is wonderful. I would suggest a shipper other than USPS for the upper. They certainly did their best to damage mine. It was delivered to my door with the box smashed, the barrel sticking out the end of the box by 4" and a few places where the paint was chipped off of the full float quad rail.

All in all, as I said, I feel it's a keeper.

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

Ranger Dave

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2014, 11:23:41 AM »
Looks great and I like the Glock mags

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2014, 12:00:08 PM »
Nice!!!

Why is there a shoe on that foot?  ;)
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 02:12:59 PM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2014, 12:23:25 PM »
Nice!!!

It's his dog's foot.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2014, 02:09:30 PM »
That Lone Wolf is one sweet looking carbine. Now I'm jealous.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

DanPatWork

• Liked:
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2014, 06:25:44 AM »
Nice!!!

Too many ticks in that field.  Whie the carbine is accurate, I don't have enough ammo for those things.
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2014, 12:42:54 PM »
just to resurrect this thread, I'm thinking about a 9mm AR style but in a pistol length barrel....probably go with the rubber butt cap instead of the SigBrace, but on a longer KAK length tube which puts it nose to charging handle for me...

DanPatWork

• Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2014, 01:00:37 PM »
As a heads up, LoneWolf is now offering this in a pistol platform. Go figure, that came out a month after I ordered mine. I did ask if it was an option at the time but was told no. I don't plan to sbr this though, its light enough as it is. I may be headed for a hi cap drum mag though. This thing is just too much fun to shoot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk